Aerial photography thread

Name
Emily
Edit My Images
No
Since I've gotten massively into aerial photography, rather than keep posting new threads each time, I'm going to post them here, sorry they're not in chronological order.

:)

Aerial sunset, East Anglia 20/11/2014

tumblr_nfcxn8BrXA1sb7qm1o1_1280.jpg

Last edited:
Summertime over Martin's Farm 05/08/2014

Martin_sfarm_zpse6c87595.jpg

Getting back up to date, here is one from today.

Brightlingsea beach huts 22/11/2014

tumblr_nfgp1gos7V1sb7qm1o1_1280.jpg

Last edited:
Since I've gotten massively into aerial photography, rather than keep posting new threads each time, I'm going to post them here, sorry they're not in chronological order.
I've only just found this thread, cool set Em (y)

Cheers Chris :)

That's a cool set Will (y)

I used a combination of a hexacopter and quadcopter to do these shots.
My hex has a gimbal that can be adjusted by the remote and I fly FPV through goggles :)

Thanks Emily. Thats sounds like some fun toys you got there :) Great results keep em coming.
I have some shots i took on a gliding experience I had last year. I'll dig them out at some point soon. :)

Ah yeah, I meant to ask. How do you get the effect from your last image with the mono and coloured sheds? I've seen shots like this and always wondered but never found out.

Ah yeah, I meant to ask. How do you get the effect from your last image with the mono and coloured sheds? I've seen shots like this and always wondered but never found out.

It's called selective colouring, you have to desaturate the image then using the history brush, paint the parts you want coloured.

A unique perspective to a boring subject, unless you like the urban landscape.

tumblr_ng681nM3je1sb7qm1o1_1280.jpg

Not forgotten about this thread, just waiting for some decent weather where it's not raining or blowing a hooley to get out flying again.

Thread update

tumblr_nmcxnj3RYi1sb7qm1o1_1280.jpg

More High up urban landscape

tumblr_nmcxnj3RYi1sb7qm1o2_1280.jpg

@Rob 80386 - if you don't mind sharing, where is the quarry please? - I can't help thinking it looks familiar.

Thanks Em

tumblr_o605ikQ9uC1sb7qm1o1_1280.jpg

Had a go with some filters on my P3 camera.

and some creative photography too :D

tumblr_o605ikQ9uC1sb7qm1o2_1280.jpg

Last edited:
Experimenting with Final Cut Pro X

It might just be youtube but that seems to be skipping frames to me.
Usually that's caused by some kind of mismatch between how it was shot and the output settings at rendering.
A complication is if you have the Phantom set on PAL you don't see all the options.
There's no need to use PAL even if you view it on TV they will almost all cope with the NTFS.
I prefer to keep it 30fps throughout.
If you shoot 1080p or 2.7K at 60fps you have the neat option of slowing any rather sudden moves by 50% and it will still look good at 30fps.

It might just be youtube but that seems to be skipping frames to me.
Usually that's caused by some kind of mismatch between how it was shot and the output settings at rendering.
A complication is if you have the Phantom set on PAL you don't see all the options.
There's no need to use PAL even if you view it on TV they will almost all cope with the NTFS.
I prefer to keep it 30fps throughout.
If you shoot 1080p or 2.7K at 60fps you have the neat option of slowing any rather sudden moves by 50% and it will still look good at 30fps.

I noticed that too, I'll have to experiment with settings.

Nearly downed by seagulls.

Last edited:
I wanted to do this over a new housing estate at Malton all winter - it was not ideal Friday with chilly northerly wind and grey sky but photos were quite good.

Flickr Album Six pictures.

26714685860_b28f4b0a56_b.jpg

One of my favourite haunts... but in much better quality

Sunday's long flight over another favourite place :)

Back