AF points

Just Dave

In Memoriam
Name
Dave
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi

When I press my shutter half way down, the AF points don't flash brightly any more, they have just a faint red halo around them,and before they used to be bright red, any ideas? I have tried resetting the all camera settings and all custom settings. On my EOS 400D

TIA

Dave

In the camera menu there should be an option to alter the AF point illumination settings, have you looked there?
Also, the points will light to different extents based upon how many focus points you are using combined with the different focus modes, try setting single point on single shot & see if that changes it.

Failing that, check your batteries are properly charged (y)

Have you checked whether the focussing screen is firmly onto its frame? I would expect reduced brightness or blurring if it's skewed.

Try travelling around the different AF points and see whether they are brighter top v bottom or left v right...this might be a clue.

Bob

First of all is the camera focusing OK. If so don't worry too much.

Could it be that the light conditions you are using are getting brighter?

If you focus indoors during the evening do they look brighter then? If so it may simply be spring is on the way and the light is not all dull and grey ( well not all the time)

Hi :banana:

Just a quick update

I'm well chuffed, my camera a Canon EOS 400D that had AF point and focusing problems, I sent it back to Canon after Easter, and within 7 days,today I now have it back fixed,like brand new, the job sheet says they replaced mirror mechanism, fitted new focusing screen, cleaned and tested.

So I think that Canon deserve a big round of applause for their great, fast service, and after care, :clap::clap:.

So now I'm all set for my trip to The Gambia on the 11th April for 2 weeks.

Julie got her new camera today its a Canon Powershot,A720 IS, I'll let you know what its like when its been put through its paces.

Thanks to everyone for your help

Dave

Hi

I called them on the help line and they asked whether I wanted to either return it or be connected to their technical team so I just said that I had tried it with different lenses and reinstalled the battery, so they sent me a label next day through the post,for the package and then it was picked up by a courier next day,

HTH

A Very Happy

Dave

Back