Name
Konstantin
Edit My Images
Yes
AF-S NIKKOR 85mm f/1.4G :nikon:

product_01.png

Key Features:
Fast 85mm lens with a maximum aperture of f/1.4
Newly developed optical system realizes high picture quality and high performance
Nano Crystal Coat virtually eliminates internal lens element reflections to effectively reduce ghost and flare
Refined MF driving mechanism reduces focus time lag and improves operational ease in M/A mode
With the internal focusing (IF) system, the lens barrel length does not change during focusing

http://imaging.nikon.com/products/i...lefocal/normal/af-s_nikkor85mmf_14g/index.htm

Last edited:
The most astonishing about this and all other today's Nikon lens announcements is their prices. IMO they shooting themselves in a leg.

I think I need to go and get used 85mm f/1.4 AFD before its prices surged up driven by increasing demand :)

Most products sell for considerably less than the SRP, even if it may take a month or two for the prices to fall to a sensible level.

It's only marketing. Stick it up when announced at a inflated price. Then when it goes on sale at the market price we all think we have saved a bundle.

Most products sell for considerably less than the SRP, even if it may take a month or two for the prices to fall to a sensible level.

It's not just that - would you say that 24-120 f/4 just released worth just a little bit under 24-70 f/2.8? Or a consumer level 28-300 worth nearly 900 quid?

It's not just that - would you say that 24-120 f/4 just released worth just a little bit under 24-70 f/2.8? Or a consumer level 28-300 worth nearly 900 quid?

On your first point, I'd say yes. Just like Canon's equivalent lenses. The 24-120 f4 lens has VR plus much greater range.

Pricing and what not aside, I'm just keen to see how it performs! The N coat should make it really handy for awkward lighting in the studio or street alike.

I'll still go for the current 85 1.4 I think, hopefully by the time I'm in the market for one, prices second hand will be below £600.

Convert the Euro RRP to GB £'s and its £1274. so buy from the EU

It's only marketing. Stick it up when announced at a inflated price. Then when it goes on sale at the market price we all think we have saved a bundle.

Is there an echo in here? :LOL:

$1649 (Amazon.com) vs £1,499.99 :puke: (Calumet UK).
It seems too overpriced in the UK. Taking into account current conversion rates it should be priced in the UK £1000!!!:rules:

maybe, but it will drop to a market price, the rrp of the 70-200 vrii is just over £2k, but it sells quite happily for the £1,500-£1,600 mark. The idiot price will oly last maybe 6 motnhs (he says hopefully)

Back