AF-S VR Nikkor 500mm / 4G IF ED

Name
Mike
Edit My Images
No
Hi all, Some help needed please.

I want to send my AF-S VR Nikkor 500mm / 4G IF ED F4 lens to Nikon for repair due the auto focus not working, probably through lack of use due to some bug thats being going around, done the usual, cleaned all the contacts , switches in right places etc, no joy, it was squeeking a bit last time it was used so time to get it looked at.

Now the help bit, I cannot find the serial number dispite looking till i'm blue in the face, is there anyone please who has the same lens or knowledge of it can tell me where the serial number is on it.

Thanks Mike

Last edited:
Hi all, Some help needed please.

I want to send my AF-S VR Nikkor 500mm / 4G IF ED F4 lens to Nikon for repair due the auto focus not working, probably through lack of use due to some bug thats being going around, done the usual, cleaned all the contacts , switches in right places etc, no joy, it was squeeking a bit last time it was used so time to get it looked at.

Now the help bit, I cannot find the serial number dispite looking till i'm blue in the face, is there anyone please who has the same lens or knowledge of it can tell me where the serial number is on it.

Thanks Mike

Isn't it on the mount (IIRC)?

On my 300mm Nikoin lens there is a small recess with a number stuck inside it toward the mount end, I wonder if the sticker with the number on has come off?

Thanks for the help offered, still cannot find it, but in its storage box I did find an older service receipt with the number on.
So all sorted now and its on its way to Nikon.

Back