Affinity photo editor

Name
James
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all, this is my first time posting in the section and my computer skills are basic to say the least.
I have been using affinity photo for the last year or so and have found it great for editing my photos using the sliders etc, but my issue is when I transfer all my photos onto my windows laptop (it’s very old) I don’t see a snap shot of each image just the affinity logo on each one until I have edited it. I’m just wondering is there a way to get a snapshot of each image first as I’m currently working through hundreds of images for a weekend at a monster truck show where I was shooting in burst mode to capture the trucks crushing caravans etc but it’s becoming very time consuming having to load every image first.
Thinking about it I should have gone through the images first on the camera.
Many thanks.

Are you shooting in RAW? if so you might have to install the driver for your camera/ RAW format so that windows can render the RAW files as images.

I'm guessing Olympus?
Do they have any viewer/editor software for the cameras?

I used canons own when I was using Affinity, view in DPP4 and drag'n'dropped the image in Affinity for working.

Microsoft photos will open RAW with the 'add on' but I found it messed with sharpness and colours way too much.

Transfer them as Jpeg's.

I'm guessing Olympus?
Do they have any viewer/editor software for the cameras?

I used canons own when I was using Affinity, view in DPP4 and drag'n'dropped the image in Affinity for working.

Microsoft photos will open RAW with the 'add on' but I found it messed with sharpness and colours way too much.
Yes I will look into that. I think I have seen a mention somewhere of an Olympus photo viewer or similar. Thank you.

Also I keep considering the lightroom/photo shop subscription. If I went for this would I be able to upload the images and then see the previews of each image on there or would I be in the same situation with having to click each one to view first?

Also I keep considering the lightroom/photo shop subscription. If I went for this would I be able to upload the images and then see the previews of each image on there or would I be in the same situation with having to click each one to view first?
If you are viewing them in Windows, it would be the same, unless you installed the codec.

I use FastStone viewer, and I think after I installed that (it has the codecs), windows displayed them as well

Last edited:
If you are viewing them in Windows, it would be the same, unless you installed the codec.

I use FastStone viewer, and I think after I installed that (it has the codecs), windows displayed them as well
Ok thank you. Could you explain what the codec is please? I’m going to look into the Olympus photo viewer and go from there I think.

Ok thank you. Could you explain what the codec is please? I’m going to look into the Olympus photo viewer and go from there I think.
It decodes the picture information to something that can be displayed on the PC

Rather like MP3 sound and MP4 video, it is a way of saving the information, but to get it back again it needs to be translated to be able to use it.

I’m going to look into the Olympus photo viewer and go from there I think.
I would try that first (y)
If you are on windows you could try this..

It decodes the picture information to something that can be displayed on the PC

Rather like MP3 sound and MP4 video, it is a way of saving the information, but to get it back again it needs to be translated to be able to use it.
Thank you for the info. That makes sense.

I would try that first (y)
If you are on windows you could try this..

Many thanks.

Back