Afghanistan - Facebook Portraits

Arkady

Suspended / Banned
Name
Rob
Edit My Images
No
As it says - seems i'm the FB portrait photographer of choice ever since the 'Girls Aloud' pix went public...lol

4294609581_9f241b5f24.jpg

4295353276_9ac02fbe32.jpg

Vey Goog, allthough I liked the 'Girls Aloud. series beeter

HTML:
lol so did I

I thought that the some of the repotarge type porttraits had a more 'real.feel about them sort of images you might find in a magazine.

The ones you posted here are good and I am sure the folks back home would be pleased to have the pictures on the wall , they just look a little posed.

couple of good portraits there Rob...... bre careful though, the first guy has got the "1000yd stare!"

great shots and i know i sure as hell would want a pic like that on my facebook!! i bet their mothers are proud lol!

Love these Rob - great tones and cool poses. If I was to be really critical I'd say you overdid the whites of the eyes in the second one. Unless that's how they are - in which case he has very nice eyes :coat:

(y)

No disrespect to men with guns but.......

the 'Girls Aloud' crowd were much more pleasing to look at :D

Barney

HTML:
lol so did I

I thought that the some of the repotarge type porttraits had a more 'real.feel about them sort of images you might find in a magazine.

The ones you posted here are good and I am sure the folks back home would be pleased to have the pictures on the wall , they just look a little posed.

Probably because they are. These were taken to a specific brief. Here's an excerpt from the email-chain that preceded my involvement:

Dear *****
It's a long story. There is a Royal Tattoo each year at Windsor Castle. The promotional material needs a photo of a soldier, sailor and airman. From the Army, it should be a Household Div soldier as most of the Army participants in the Tattoo are Household Div.
I think the Grenadiers have a company in LKG. Could one of your phots send me a few shots? He needs to be wearing body armour, helmet and carrying a weapon, preferably with Div flash visible and with PRR mike in place, looking the business. The shot from knees upwards would be used. Background doesn't matter as he will be photo-shopped onto another background but he should be looking forward.

...You know the sort of shot, one that would contrast nicely with a RN rating and RAF type he will be placed alongside. Standing, from the knees up, with all the gear on, holding weapon (but not pointing) looking forward but not directly at the camera.

Lt Col
SO1 Ops/Pol PR(A)
MOD Main Building

They'll also be used as part of the Poster campaign run by the Daily Telegraph - the media partner for the Royal Tattoo...

Sometimes I just have to do what I'm told...lol

Erm havent you broken the official secrets act ?
Arnt you supposed to eat your orders after reacving them or have I got the wrong army ........;)

That's the Italians - they write them on small bits of fusilli pasta...

Back