Afghanistan Op Herrick 6 2007

Yeah Number 6 with the helmet, the bullets, the bloodtype. Nice.
As an action picture I like Number 3 but wish you could show us what the Chinook is picking up/dropping off...

Thanks for reply fellow TP members, i have hundreds of photos from my time in Afgan 2007/2010 two Herrick tours, shall post some every now and then.(y)

Good set, but 6 stands way out in front, tells a story on its own, lot of feeling and emotion coming from that one :)

Cleaning apart great images. Funny I spent an evening this Thursday with 3 members of the Army Film & Photographic Unit (AFPU). They had some great images & stories to tell. I really wouldnt like their job on the front line

BTW I find the last image really powerful

Good photographs, but then they should be.

Minor point regarding the IPTC:

It's either 2nd Bn The Mercian Regiment (Worcesters and Foresters) or The Worcestershire and Sherwood Foresters (Old Title), not the Worcester and Sherwood Forest regiment [sic].

On the other hand it hardly matters as you don't seem to have been bright enough to alter the Exif which shows that 1,2,3 and 6 were taken by Andrew Parsons of Associated Press.

So who are you, and why are you passing off other people's photographs as your own?

It makes me wonder what else you are fibbing about.

It's either 2nd Bn The Mercian Regiment (Worcesters and Foresters) or The Worcestershire and Sherwood Foresters (Old Title), not the Worcester and Sherwood Forest regiment [sic].

On the other hand it hardly matters as you don't seem to have been bright enough to alter the Exif which shows that 1,2,3 and 6 were taken by Andrew Parsons of Associated Press.

So who are you, and why are you passing off other people's photographs as your own?

Wow. Speechless. And good sleuting sire.

Hmm..the plot thickens..10/10 for observation..(y)

:LOL: busted!

Steady on chaps, he may have permission to post from the original author like I have on my Afghan post, Put the rope away Ulfric :LOL: for now;)

Funny: all the info on those has now been changed from when I saw them 20 minutes ago.
Instead of being named 'ParsAfghan_01234 etc' the file names are now appearing as 'KevOb_01234 etc'

I've now emailed Andy to see if he gave permission for these to be published without his byline (took all morning to track him down following the David Cameron fiasco...).

No responses yet, but this is the author of the images in question.

Afghanistan_Andrew_Parsons_PA.jpg

Last edited:
this is very interesting, iv known of quite a few guys at my work that claim to have done this or that.. only under questioning fall apart.. Some of these pictures have an Exif from what looks like a P&S so he MAY have been there, but the others are most certainly NOT his! lol..

Im going to follow this thread.. could be funny.. lol..

Been onto Kev's Photobucket page and only the above images from Afghanistan are currently there.
The "Parson's" photos were all taken on a Canon EOS 1D MkII, whereas Kev's Afghan images all seem to have been taken on a Sony DSC P10 or P12.

His latest stuff has all been taken on a Nikon D5000.

Booked marked.

Let's hope a mod doesn't come along and spoil it by "cleaning" up the thread.

I'm wating for Kev to come back and explain.
Obviously he's been to Afghan, but his images look to have been taken in Bastion, (which is about like being posted to Catterick, but with more dust and sunshine)...

Shame - some of his recent stuff taken in Snowdonia on the D5000 looked promising...:shrug:

Shame - some of his recent stuff taken in Snowdonia on the D5000 looked promising...:shrug:

Thats if they are HIS in the first place..

Catterick... Mmmmm... Its ALWAYS sunny up there!!.. lol..

:bonk:Fellow members

New to this world of forums etc, i thought it was ok to share photos, in genral photo sharing it is with the Worcesters foresters who we where attached to for 6months sorry if affended anybody, and iam not trying to be somebody that iam not, how do i go about recterfying this,and i have plenty of photos out and about in the FOBS:bonk:

I am watching this with interest seeing as I have an Afghan thread running with photos not taken by me.

the OP has been edited too... could a mod possibly post the text from the original variation ;)

i have not edited anything, these images are the ones from the tour everybody has them that where out there. uploaded them from my pc and shared them, will it make it any better if i posted some of me serving out there??

like i said new to this world of forums and photo sharing.:shrug:

hmmm. not an entirely convincing response.....

have not edited anything, these images are the ones from the tour everybody has them that where out there. uploaded them from my pc and shared them, will it make it any better if i posted some of me serving out there??

like i said new to this world of forums and photo sharing.

Thats if they are HIS in the first place..

Catterick... Mmmmm... Its ALWAYS sunny up there!!.. lol..

have not edited anything, these images are the ones from the tour everybody has them that where out there. uploaded them from my pc and shared them, will it make it any better if i posted some of me serving out there??

like i said new to this world of forums and photo sharing.

Hi Kevin, the general idea is to SHARE photos that YOU have taken.. your post looked as if you were trying to pass the pictures off as your own.. thats what the problem has been..

If you want to share pictures of something then fine, but if they were taken by someone else then you need to say so, and when you post them, post a link to where they are hosted..

Id love to see more of the ones YOU have taken.. and maybe a few of you working..

Back