African Tribal Portraits

I've been looking forward to seeing the rest of the set, are you planning to exhibit at all as I'd be interested in seeing them in print?

Showing off? You? :D

I've been looking forward to seeing the rest of the set, are you planning to exhibit at all as I'd be interested in seeing them in print?

indeed I am, I have to finish off the documentary first and then finish off processing the other 220 images I have narrowed it down to :eek: (although no more are going up on the site it will just be too much) there are plenty more photos and videos going in the documentary.

Then I need to put together a cohesive exhibition, which will also include a audio visual element too, but more on that later ;)

Once it's all ready and I have a venue sorted, I will post up info.

Thanks for showing an interest :D

Showing off? You? :D

:cautious: who me? :LOL:

No point in creating all this if no one knows I exist :p

Last edited:
Truly fantastic shots in there! Really emotive and if ever i need my love for capturing the essence of a place or people refuelling, I'll come back and look through these. Thanks for a wonderful insight.

These are very beautiful portraits. I don't really care too much for the technical side or how much post processing but I would really like to see these as a story. No2 and 11 are great because they capture something. It seems a very commercial documentary, they remind me of that JoeyL photographer who did some african tribes. This isn't a criticsm obviously just something to bear in mind for your exhibition and your marketing of it. :)

Let us know when your exhibition is up and running and post some pics!

Im not gonna pick a favourite, I think you made the most of a wonderful opportunity and have many excellent images to remind you of what must of been an incredible experience.

Have just seen these James, a totally awsome collection, wonderful work.
Having read the comment above it reminded me of a snippet of advice I heard last July, whilst attending a dry-run of a photography course, basically that if you're happy with what you produce, then that's the bottom line of what matters.

Have just seen these James, a totally awsome collection, wonderful work.
Having read the comment above it reminded me of a snippet of advice I heard last July, whilst attending a dry-run of a photography course, basically that if you're happy with what you produce, then that's the bottom line of what matters.

The course tutor sounds like a very learned individual :D :naughty:

I am happy with them now that I have stopped faffing and had them all printed out big. Its one thing seeing them on screen and another holding them in your hand :)

I will be updating the website soon with the full documentary which contains loads of other pictures yet seen, and some videos too. Well, when I can write the damn thing that is!

Oh, if anyone gets the photographer magazine, I am in the february issue with a nice 8 page spread on this trip. Most chuffed :)

It's a pleasure to see this kind of work in here. Well done. ;)

Back