After a new bag, XT2

Edit My Images
No
I now have a Fuji X-T2 with 18-55 attached. I also like to carry a 16mm f/2.8 a couple of spare batteries and cards

What shoulder bag would you reccomend, the choice seems to be endless however it need to look inconspicuous

Thinktank Retrospective 5 - love mine.

Thinktank Retrospective 5 - love mine.

Bought one of those a while back, thanks for the reminder its still in the box.
Totally forgot about it, went to France a couple of weeks ago and took an old bag that I paid abut twelve quid for.
Got another new bag in a case under the bed, Tenba Cooper 13 Slim, still got the labels on.
Couldn't find it so bought another bag then came across it when I was looking for something else.

So my recommendation is either of the above, just don't forget you have them.
Or save yourself a load of cash and get a cheapo from Ebay like I have inadvertently done.

Thinktank definitely, I have my XT-2 with 18-55, my 70-200 and my Dji Mavic Air drone in mine, not sure which one mine is but it's one of the mid sized ones.

Love mine, it's easy to carry and handy to get everything out of.

I have a bit of a love hate thing with Billingham bags.

On the plus side they seem to be well made, I gather they're waterproof and there's no zip or velcro to make a noise when you open the bag so they attract less attention and are less ambiance changing. On the minus side it's hard for me to accept that the bags I have were actually designed with cameras in mind as despite looking quite big they seem to be like a Tardis in reverse and putting even a small camera inside involves the kit rubbing against the sides of the bag and causing bulging but that seems to be how the bags are designed to act and be used.

Think Tank are very good bags, really well made but they are over-priced IMO. I've owned a couple, I still have the Sling-O-Matic 20 from my FF days, but it is now a glorified storage case as it's too big and bulky for my current gear. Waste of £150. Especially when these days the budget, no-name [or generally unheard of] brands are not far off in terms of build quality. Something like this is as good IMO and saves you about £100: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Estarer-Me...D8N32XB1B6G&psc=1&refRID=JSXPRAKNAD8N32XB1B6G

Vanguard Havana the smaller one of the 2. A lot of the bags I looked at are quite rigid. They don’t mould to you body and can bounce when you walk. They are designed to sit on you back rather than your hip where I like to have mine so there’s less chance of someone opening it.

They come with a padded insert that is perfect for An XT and spare lens. Can hold a bottle of water and lunch but not too big. Around 50 quid iirc.

What is frustrating when looking at Camera bag company web site is they dont show a photo of someone wearing the bar, well some do but most don't. This type of photo quickly tells you if the bag is too big

Vanguard Havana the smaller one of the 2. A lot of the bags I looked at are quite rigid. They don’t mould to you body and can bounce when you walk. They are designed to sit on you back rather than your hip where I like to have mine so there’s less chance of someone opening it.

They come with a padded insert that is perfect for An XT and spare lens. Can hold a bottle of water and lunch but not too big. Around 50 quid iirc.
Is this the one your refering to https://www.vanguardworld.co.uk/collections/bags/products/havana-21

Just a thought. Has anyone bought a non camera messenger bag and put a camera insert into it?

Yes thats the bag.

I use the insert in a rucksack - I also have the larger insert for carrying 3 lens. they are available seperately.
The small one does fit a canvas bag i use to carry an A4 sized folder for work

Have a look at the Tenba BYOB range, they are well made inserts and you can also get a matching light nylon type shoulder bag.

Had a look at the Thinktank website. The Mirrorless Mover 20 looks like it ticks a lot of boxes for the.

Not so keen on the DNA, sorry
I take it back re the Tenba.

Popped into my local LCE and the Thinktank mirrorless 20 is just too small

Had a look at the Thinktank Restroctive but was not sure

Then looked at the Thinktank Photo Vision 10 and the Tenba DNA 10. They did not have a DNA 8. However i think its between those two

Back