After another lens and possibly a flash gun

Name
Bal Sanghera
Edit My Images
Yes
As title im looking at getting something better than the kit lens I have and possibly getting a flash gun but I only have a budget of £150ish

I went to a boxing match on saturday and well the pictures didnt come as good as I thought they would. Any suggestions on what to get as my 2nd lens for my A350?

what was the problem you had with the results? Too far away, action not being stopped?

knowing the light conditions at boxing matches my guess would be faster glass but at that price I doubt its possible

Have a look at some of the older Minolta glass, you might pick something up within your budget that way. Failing that something like a Tamron 17-50 f/2.8 at around the £200 mark would be your next best bet, ihmo

Yeh I was too far away to get a decent shot, then changed the settings abit but then pictures werent as clear. From what I understand the pop flash is good for a few meters then you can get a sony flash gun for 10m and 15m

the pop flash isn't good for anything is it?

Edit: except using mine in commander mode ;) then it saves me £250 :D

recently saw one lady with a flash gun which looked like it had a white plastic bowl on the end of it what the hell was that lol?

its probably for diffusing the light

So should I just look at get a sony flash gun or are they 3rd party alternatives available?

So should I just look at get a sony flash gun or are they 3rd party alternatives available?

arent you limited to sony speedlights due to the hotshoe?

ive seen it done LOL

I must post a pic of my Poundland Beauty Dish (made from an s/s bowl and a tupperware container) :LOL:

You're right about the hotshoe fitment too I think, but you can get adapters to allow the use of non-Sony/Minolta fit ones too iirc

Are you actually allowed to use flash at a boxing match? I could well be wrong but I'd probably thought it would be frowned upon when the bouts on :shrug:

If that's the case you're back to faster glass/high ISO

there's a 100-200mm Minolta sitting on ebay BIN for £80:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Minolta-AF-Ma...=39:1|66:2|65:1|240:1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14
bear in mind this will actually be 150-300mm on a dSLR

notice the extras too...not a bad deal if you ask me

or there is a new style 75-300mm:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MINOLTA-AF-10...=39:1|66:2|65:1|240:1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Tempted to go for one of these but I dont know what the difference is can someone explain?

Back