After Christmas stuff

Name
Christian
Edit My Images
Yes
I've managed to save up £1200 and I'm planning to buy a 7d,

I would like some advice on what I should buy with it, if anything.
I'm set on buying the 7d off amazon for £984, that leaves me with £216, I have a good variety of lenses so I would like to experiment with a flash, probably a 430ex ii so I can use the built in transmitter. But I was thinking, is it worth saving for a 28 f1.8?

Any other ideas?

I currently have :

18-55 f3.5-5.6 kit lens

50 f1.8

70-200 f4l

And a couple of old manual lenses

Yea I'm waiting till then to order it :') and I forgot to add in the price of a cf card but here it is: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B002WE4H8I/ref=gno_cart_title_1 is this any good for the 7d (I do some video so I need a decent sized one)

That would leave me with £181, although the 7d could be reduced, if it does anything else? (Is it worth getting a canon battery? Will a 3rd party one do?)

I think a flash could be good to experiment, I think I'll have too see how much if any the 7d is reduced

You could order your 7D from Hdew Cameras http://hdewcameras6-px.rtrk.co.uk/canon-7d-digital-slr-camera-body-494-p.asp as it seems like a decent price without being in a sale. Hdew are in the UK and warranty work is carried out by Canon approved centres.

That would leave you with a chunk of change of over £400 for a flash, tripod and card or another lens. The 50 f1.4 is a cracker of a lens and easily affordable with the change.

You could order your 7D from Hdew Cameras http://hdewcameras6-px.rtrk.co.uk/canon-7d-digital-slr-camera-body-494-p.asp as it seems like a decent price without being in a sale. Hdew are in the UK and warranty work is carried out by Canon approved centres.

That would leave you with a chunk of change of over £400 for a flash, tripod and card or another lens. The 50 f1.4 is a cracker of a lens and easily affordable with the change.

I'm not entirely sure, i'd rather get it from amazon, they offer one day delivery and ive had great experiences with them before with returns and that sortof thing, I'll see how much it comes down on amazon at 4:19

i'd rather have the 28 f1.8, it would be more like a 50 on a crop camera :) its really tempting, have you bought from them before?

Have you set your heart on a new one ? If not MPB have used ones for £799.

Next day delivery and 6mth warranty.

I've bought fron them several times and even returned items without a problem.

Leave you a few extra bob for that all important lens.

I never buy new bodies. Just me tho.

Have you set your heart on a new one ? If not MPB have used ones for £799.

Next day delivery and 6mth warranty.

I've bought fron them several times and even returned items without a problem.

Leave you a few extra bob for that all important lens.

I never buy new bodies. Just me tho.

Yep, defiantly, unless I knew the seller personally I like to have brand new stuff :)

i managed to get the 7D and a cf card for £895 (17% off) which is good and leaves me just a little short of the 28 f1.8, would you recommend buying the 28mm off digitalrev.com? its £50 cheaper and I won't have to do much saving?

edit: I have £300 left and amazon are selling the 28mm f1.8 for £369 and digital rev are selling it for £315

Last edited:
Blimey, that's a very expensive next day delivery. That works out at around £90 more than it would of come to at Hdew even if you'd added a 16Gb Sandisk CF card too. I've bought a 5D2 with 24-105 f4L kit and a 5D3 body off Hdew in the past and really rate them. They even arranged a saturday morning RMSD at no extra cost as they knew I needed the body by the sunday. I'm sure if you'd rung them they could of arranged next day for you. Hope you get the lens you're after and I'm sure you'll have some great fun with the camera.

^_^ I just trust amazon a whole lot more, hdew don't sell the canon 28mm f1.8 :( although DigitalRev do, are they any good?

Back