After Downstairs ... ?

Edit My Images
No
And after Downstairs, naturally follows Upstairs ! :embarasse

Not so scary perhaps but everything has a flip side ...:smilenod:

DSC_060400662005_12_26_001.jpg

Not the most user friendly set of steps in the world ... and this is in Cornwall ! No safety warning either !:ponders:

wooo..makes you giddy looking at it! I take it you have changed the angle of shot?

Venomator said:
And after Downstairs, naturally follows Upstairs ! :embarasse

Not so scary perhaps but everything has a flip side ...:smilenod:

DSC_060400662005_12_26_001.jpg

Not the most user friendly set of steps in the world ... and this is in Cornwall ! No safety warning either !:ponders:
Did you take this photo after falling arse over tit, by anychance? :clap: :clap: :laugh1: :laugh1:

GfK said:
Did you take this photo after falling arse over tit, by anychance? :clap: :clap: :laugh1: :laugh1:

Nope ... before I hit the ground if you must know !?!:bum2: :laugh1:

scary as hell that sort of thing!

It's a nice shot and all, but what's with the silly amounts of JPEG compression? It really spoils the image :(

I prefer the original, I think it has more impact as I instantly recognise what it is, this one I have to tilt :)

Jonny said:
It's a nice shot and all, but what's with the silly amounts of JPEG compression? It really spoils the image :(

:eek:fftopic: I know but ... Gimme a clue please Jonny - you are not the first person to mention this (Marianne did) ! :embarasse

And I am not sure how/where is this happening/controlled ? :confused-

I'm not sure but I think it happens when you're saving your shots to a small file size what software are you using for post processing?

Gemok said:
I'm not sure but I think it happens when you're saving your shots to a small file size what software are you using for post processing?

Not really 'post processing' as such - just using Nikon's Picture Project !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomator
I know but ... Gimme a clue please Jonny - you are not the first person to mention this (Marianne did) !

And I am not sure how/where is this happening/controlled ?

If you're using Photoshop there's a 'How To' here....

Thanks CT - will be useful when Elements arrives !:thumb:

Woa ....! I never used to suffer vertigo. Clever use of perspective. (Or is it true, you did fall over?) ;)

Like it.

chuckles said:
Woa ....! I never used to suffer vertigo. Clever use of perspective. (Or is it true, you did fall over?) ;)

Like it.

Enuff already ... I did not fall !:hand: :laugh1:

Actually Jill put the idea in my head because she couldn't look down once she had gotten up there !:dizzy:

Much appreciate the positive comments - thanx for looking too !:thumb:

I know that Nikon Capture Editor asks you what sort of file you want to save, ie, escellent quality, good quality, cr*p quality etc....and I wondered if the editor you use does the same and you have it on a poor setting...?

Marianne said:
I know that Nikon Capture Editor asks you what sort of file you want to save, ie, escellent quality, good quality, cr*p quality etc....and I wondered if the editor you use does the same and you have it on a poor setting...?

You saying my pic is cr*p quality then !?! :snowman:

But really - you are right having now checked back ... and it also does something with the compression I had missed too ... :eek:ops:

I will re-load it in different form and see what gives - thanx for the pointer Marianne.:thumb:

Marianne said:
oh my.....it did sound like that didn't it? lol....least said soonest mended :doh:

Far too thick skinned to take offence so easily ... especially something so innocently (?) said !:hissyfit: :sulk:

Before you go blaming Nikon Capture it may be worth looking at the file size before you loaded into the gallery here as well. If it was larger than the allowed limits then the gallery software automatically reduces the picture and it is currently very aggresive with the amount of compression. There is nothing we can do about that at the moment so I always make sure I upload files within the limits so that Gallery doesn't touch them.

That might help a little hopefully? :)

Steve said:
Before you go blaming Nikon Capture it may be worth looking at the file size before you loaded into the gallery here as well. If it was larger than the allowed limits then the gallery software automatically reduces the picture and it is currently very aggresive with the amount of compression. There is nothing we can do about that at the moment so I always make sure I upload files within the limits so that Gallery doesn't touch them.

That might help a little hopefully? :)

When I have a free week or so I will check all this info out and action accordingly - thanks for the pointers Steve and everyone ... at least I know to be a little less hasty in future !:getmecoat

Back