After much deliberation..

Name
James
Edit My Images
No
Well, after tossing between a 7D and a 1D III I thought I'd decided on the 1D III. But recently video is becoming more important to me, so not wanting to limit the work I can take on, I thought about a 5D mk II. I borrow one all the time as a second body to my 5D, so it seemed to make sense.

After all that, ten minutes ago, I just got home with my new 1D mk IV. :rules: The sensible option, I know...

I think this may be the first camera I have to actually read the manual for. :D Any 1D people out there have any basic dos / don'ts, etc? The AF system alone I think has more custom functions than any camera I've used before. I know the set-up really depends on me and what I'm doing.

I'm sure there were some pretty handy threads on here in the past, but it's a bugger to search when '1d' 'mk' and 'iv' are all too short for the search engine.

there's an AF guide at the bottom of [this] post on Canon Rumors. the layout is slightly jumbled at times, though.

other than that, can't help very much. haven't even held a mk IV :p all the best with your new machine!

Back