After the rain

• Thread starter Deleted member 3428
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3428

Plenty of photographic opportunities after the rain I think:)

Drops on the back door window.
2828041808_a979dbbb93_o.jpg

Feverfew blooming again covered in rain drops.
2828042356_e0647349fb_o.jpg

Spiders web providing nice abstract water shot.
2827204881_28fb4774fd_o.jpg

All three interesting especially no 1.(y) How did you get the colours in the drops?:thinking:

All three interesting especially no 1.(y) How did you get the colours in the drops?:thinking:

That what I was thinking how did he manage to get them in all of the drops

Yes an interesting set, you do'nt miss many oportunites :)

I have the same question about the colours in the rain drops on your back door window.

They're great, if not hairy, spiky or generally not pleasant to look at :D. I can't decide which one, they are all so good for different reasons. I'd also love to know how you got the colours in the drops in one :thinking:

Thanks for looking folks ;)
The colours are refractions from my stripy plastic fly door trap thing, strips of coloured plastic that hangs in the doorway in the summer to stop flies entering the house. The drops in front of this act as little lenses and if you get the distance right and focus right they come out like what you see above. Magic moment over :LOL: Oh the white background is just the white strip as these drops are tiny ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well executed as always Alby but I think you've forgotten to check the levels maybe?

Had a quick play, probably could be even better with more time spent. :D

2828042356_e0647349fb_o.jpg

Thanks Susane, it does look nice and bright now, I didn't push the levels as I didn't want to lose the detail in the drops, I might treat it to a dose of hdr and repost :LOL:
Thanks Mike glad you enjoyed them;)
How's this Susane? I went for a softer petal version and got rid of the blob bottom right too.
2827402199_69592c95ca_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for looking folks ;)
The colours are refractions from my stripy plastic fly door trap thing, strips of coloured plastic that hangs in the doorway in the summer to stop flies entering the house. The drops in front of this act as little lenses and if you get the distance right and focus right they come out like what you see above. Magic moment over :LOL: Oh the white background is just the white strip as these drops are tiny ;)

Absolutely amazing! Would never have guessed how you did this in a million years.
Many thanks for sharing. Just bought shares in the plastic fly thingy as I can see sales going through the roof:LOL:
Mike

Fascinating set, all excellent but my preference is for no 3. Well caught

Excellent images Alby, i do find 1 and 2 a little dark though as already discussed 3 is spot on though imo (y)

That window in #1 is very dirty, don't you think you should have cleaned it before taking the shot? ;) I think I once got that as a crit; it doesn't apply here. #1 is great, those water drops are fabulous. What can we see in the reflection? #1 is my favourite as it is a step outside what you normally do as well as being an intriguing image. #3 is my second favourite, only because you are on more familar territory here. Not too sure about #2, it looked a little dark to me. Well done, again.

Do you have a lens that focuses at infinity? :p

I like the 1st one they look like little weird humbugs

Back