Afternoon light, Curbar

Just saw this on Flickr. Nicely composed in what I imagine is a tricky scene to compose well. Kept everything balanced well. Strong work

Thank Matty. Yep, I've just spent 3 days in the Peaks and struggled compositionally, more so around the series of edges with the busy landscape. Not an easy place to shoot.

Nicely composed and edited Neil, some lovely light and lines going on (y)

Only thing that catches my eye is the trees to the bottom right corner are suffering from the wide angle distortion a touch.

Nicely composed and edited Neil, some lovely light and lines going on (y)

Only thing that catches my eye is the trees to the bottom right corner are suffering from the wide angle distortion a touch.

cheers mate....not much I can do about the distortion unfortunately but point taken.

cheers mate....not much I can do about the distortion unfortunately but point taken.
I know mate. Just the disadvantage of pointing a wide angle lens downward. With the subject being even lower!!!.

It is correctable using perspective warp in PS but it takes some work and you almost have to account for it when taking the image as you often lose areas around the edge.

I like it, quite dramatic with the sky and light rays. It's composed well despite you finding it difficult. I think the Peak District rewards multiple visits to get your eye in and then you can find shots all over. I was over on Friday and Saturday and conditions were stunning

That’s a great shot Neil. Hard sometimes to get a good composition. I like the diagonals that you’ve captured and a moody sky.

Back