Critique Against the blue

Name
Graham
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,
Well its been a nice day here, Nice bright blue sky and all that.
Thought I would take a few shots against the blue sky to see how things go, Reactions ?

#1 Another Daisy, nearly closed and showing a nice reddish underneath.
View attachment 24546

#2 A Dragongly, ID unknown as always with me. :banghead:
View attachment 24547

#3 Not a Daisy this time but ID again unknown
View attachment 24549
Another Dragon shot added, same as above.
View attachment 24550
All 3 have been given some PP to lighten/darken where I thought it needed it.
Your thoughts/comments please on my PP as it is not that great still but i`m learning.:)
Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
You're third photo is the nicest, the colour are bright and nice, the depth of field interesting and the crop pleasant. Very punchy and light.

I think the first is a bit messy, not much in focus and the centre of the flower is hidden behind the petals. I think the flower isn't at it's best to make a good picture, if it was fully opened maybe?

A lack of sharpness on the dragon fly, it's hard to see where is the focus point but clearly the head is pretty soft.

To me they seem a bit blown out and no true point of focus. I do like no.2 but think I would have removed the second oof twig on the right? :);)

To me they seem a bit blown out and no true point of focus. I do like no.2 but think I would have removed the second oof twig on the right? :);)
Thanks Bobby, as said its my pp skills are in question more than the shot, to remove a twig or any other object is past what I can do in pp. I'm learning to make my shots "pop" more than anything.

in that case no. 3 is full of wind!! :naughty:

A nice set of images Graham, a slight softness focus wise in them with #2 & #3 for me being the best of the set.(y)

George.

I will come back Graham when looking on bigger screen than moby.

But from this #1 is awesome looks like a live flame against the sky.

#2 as bobby said clone or as background is same colour just select the colour from the colour picker tool and paint brush it out :) nice and simples like.

#4 is a little underexposed and needs a selective boost on only the dragon.

Back