Agfa Vista 200 HuH!

excalibur2

My F4's Broken...
Name
Brian
Edit My Images
Yes
Gonna try some Agfa Vista 200asa colour neg film that I picked up (four rolls) dated 2006, has anyone used it or even heard of it?

***(M.Python Argument sketch anyone ??***

...or "you don't wan't to do it like that"

Results for Agfa Vista erm well it's a film and if you get it for peanuts.....................

Fuji 50mm Agfa Vista 200, Tesco CD
Fuji50mm800px.jpg

Fuji 50 plus Vivitar 2Xs ext test.
Fuji50mm2Xs800px.jpg

I promise never to complain about the blotches on Boots processing ever again! :LOL: (Second pic, sky!).

I happen to quite like the colour balance actually..... Nice separation of the greens in the individual plants and trees too.

-Rob

I promise never to complain about the blotches on Boots processing ever again! :LOL: (Second pic, sky!).

I happen to quite like the colour balance actually..... Nice separation of the greens in the individual plants and trees too.

-Rob

LOL I've never had an only developed neg or CD from Tesco that is perfect.... Boots are good, one of my negs developed by them (but printed by a lab) is blown up to 16X20 and hangs on a wall.

..and another roll of 10p Vista this time with Tak 35mm or Ensinor 24mm and Vivitar 28mm f2.8

Vista & Vivitar 28mm f2.8
Photo19_19800px.jpg

Vista & Vivitar 28mm f2.8
Photo12_12880px.jpg

and this shot is either Tak 35mm or Ensinor 24mm.
Photo24_24800px.jpg

Last edited:
Well I rather like those, the 1st one especially.

Andy

Well I rather like those, the 1st one especially.

Andy

Well the Agfa film didn't like Fuji lens in the first test or more likely the developing wasn't correct at Tesco.
With these new shots I've also taken the same one of the church with a RB67 at the same time using the same exposure, the film used was 9 years old but who knows if everything goes ok it will be interesting to compare.

Bit bland are they not? OK though for cheap stuff.

is it my bloodshot eyes or is there a pink tinge to those last few shots ?

What!...you are correct and they all have a basic pink cast and some more than others. While many shots can get away with a bit of pink :cool:, it doesn't work for the roof of the church :bonk:

Ah, as long as it's there in the shots, i'm happy - I was wondering if it was time to re-calibrate my screen, or get some pale green tinted spec's :LOL:

Ah, as long as it's there in the shots, i'm happy - I was wondering if it was time to re-calibrate my screen, or get some pale green tinted spec's :LOL:

I've made a suggestion in the past (on another forum and no one was interested) that a sticky for a shot should be kept that the top guys on the forum have agreed on the colours, contrast, brightness etc...so we can all check our monitors. Anyway what I've done is:- posted a shot and asked "did this look ok etc" and kept the jpg as reference.

I borrowed one of those colour calibration kits from a graphics designer mate of mine a few months ago - did the monitor, printer and scanner, so all of 'em are "singing off the same hymn sheet" - then when I'm shooting colour film, I take a shot with a colour reference card at the start of a session, or if the light changes. It may waste the odd frame, but film and dev's cheap - re-shooting costs - in time and money :shrug:

I borrowed one of those colour calibration kits from a graphics designer mate of mine a few months ago - did the monitor, printer and scanner, so all of 'em are "singing off the same hymn sheet" - then when I'm shooting colour film, I take a shot with a colour reference card at the start of a session, or if the light changes. It may waste the odd frame, but film and dev's cheap - re-shooting costs - in time and money :shrug:

That works for you, but in theory it would be nice if the forum sung off the same hymn sheet....a shot posted on a forum can look different on members monitors, and quite a few member's shots are posted too bright or sometimes too dark and this can effect the colours of a shot, same for showing B/W at it's best.

The brightness issue is something I've wondered about a few times. I know that a lot of the camera review sites have brightness calibration sections on the bottom of the review - a black to white grading, where you adjust your brightness/contrast up or down until you can just discern every change in the gradient.

Something like this :shrug:

grayscale.gif

The brightness issue is something I've wondered about a few times. I know that a lot of the camera review sites have brightness calibration sections on the bottom of the review - a black to white grading, where you adjust your brightness/contrast up or down until you can just discern every change in the gradient.

Something like this :shrug:

grayscale.gif

Well I too have used something like this and quite a few shots could be improved in the "show us your film shots" if others would adjust their monitor.....and it's all free.

Wait a minute - you mean they should adjust their monitors and then adjust the scans before posting? Bit naughty that no?

I can't honestly say I've ever posted a B&W shot on here that hasn't had at least a slight run through CS4/5 and a tweak of levels and curves before posting. IMO thats no different to selecting the correct grade of paper (or multigrade filter) to print the shot on for the desired contrast, then doing a couple of test prints to ensure full range of Black to White tones are present. :shrug:

Wait a minute - you mean they should adjust their monitors and then adjust the scans before posting? Bit naughty that no?

Indeed, the monitor should already be set up and checked for drift now and again and not many home scans don't need a tweak even if it's to remove specks of dust.
If a job's worth doing it's worth doing well

.....or at least "to the best of one's ability" then no one can criticize anyone for trying their best.

..and another roll of 10p Vista this time with Tak 35mm or Ensinor 24mm and Vivitar 28mm f2.8

What a brilliant set, great colour and focus and the reason we all LOVE film and older ;) kit.

What a brilliant set, great colour and focus and the reason we all LOVE film and older ;) kit.

..and it's fun and can be sooo simple and cheap to get decent results. Which reminds me about my recent story about the word "simple" in some woman's minds about cameras..........
I buy P&S film cameras for peanuts and pass them to my wife (who takes about 2 rolls of film a year), anyway gave her a Nikon to try and she ended up taking the film out by herself.....all 3.5' of it. I said why did you do that? and she said " I thought it had auto wind back"? Yeah well why didn't you close the back and give it to me to sort out and you would have only lost the last few frames out of 36.
I gave her the other day a XA2...and she said "It's too complicated winding the film on each time for the next shot, can't I have your sony P&S digital that was given to you?", I said "it's too complicated for you" and she is insulted and sulks :bang::bang::bang:

You are brave man, Brian to have said that :LOL::LOL:
Can you please come here and say a few things to my wife while you are at it :D

Well Ujjwal I'm really a coward and my words (the truth) erm just slipped out. :naughty:

Back