agonising over whether to buy a Pentax k-r!

Name
Simon
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all

I guess this is rather a dull question and the obvious answer is "only you can decide". However, I thought I'd ask incase anyone can offer any insights.

A couple of weeks ago I'd pretty much decided that my first dSLR purchase would be a Pentax k-r. It had excellent reviews and I liked the battery flexibility.

However, I made the mistake of checking the Internet again and I found a load of threads about an AF front focusing problem under tungsten light.

Now I'm completely torn between listening to those who say it's a big problem and those who say it's people blowing things out of proportion. It's a lot of money for me and I just don't know whether I can splash out on something when I know it has a problem. I know there are work-arounds etc, but if I got it I'd be hoping for a firmware fix and opinions differ as to whether Pentax will release one.

I know there's no obvious answer and only I can judge what's right, but I just wondered if anyone had an insights - particularly the chances of a fix bein

Sorry - on my phone and sent that by mistake!!!!

It should have said........."a fix being sent out" and then "thanks for reading........Si"

Back