AGV detects a virus

Edit My Images
Yes
as above, i use the free Agv anti-virus and up until now has been excellent, but doing a scan this morning it reports i have 6 virus's including one trojan horse, but it wont/cant heal them.
They are all found in the sun/java section, not sure if they are virus's or whether it just thinks they are virus's, because they are all zip files.
any help??

Yeah try deleting the files manually, may screw up sun/java though.

TIP : Hold down shift when you press delete and the files wont just go to the recycle bin they'll be gone.

there they was...gone

Hello Boon,

If these are Java temporary files, I usually open the Java control panel from windows control panel, from the general tab on Java control panel there is an option at the bottom for 'Temporary internet files' to 'delete files'

Just delete the temporary files, (all of the options) check recycle bin is empty, maybe reboot PC to be sure anything that was running to do with Java is gone from memory, then rescan for a virus etc,

good luck,

Mark.

Mark Grant said:
I need to type faster.. :)

me too mate..:D
many thanks for the input anyway.

This problem will come back eventually - this is pretty much the only virus I ever get and it happens quite often if you don't turn off Java cacheing:

Start>>Control Panel>>Java

Temporary Internet Files>>Settings

View Applets

Un-tick 'Enable Cacheing'

Press CTRL+a (select all), then click Delete.

Click OK.

Sorted.

GfK said:
This problem will come back eventually - this is pretty much the only virus I ever get and it happens quite often if you don't turn off Java cacheing:

Start>>Control Panel>>Java

Temporary Internet Files>>Settings

View Applets

Un-tick 'Enable Cacheing'

Press CTRL+a (select all), then click Delete.

Click OK.

Sorted.

Start>>Control Panel>>Java:thinking: not on my computer,

Start>>Control Panel>>8 icons for maintenance. yes. Been to temporary internet files, and there's nothing in it.
cant find the 'Enable Cacheing' tickbox at all.
anyway, many thanks for your time

Forbiddenbiker said:
Try switching to classic view. (Switch is in the left side pane, open pane through >view..?? I think, if its not open already)

You should find it then hopefully.

sorted, cheers(y)

We've been struggling with the same problem on the desktop machine - the laptop is fine in spite of them being networked, which was adding to the confusion.

The other half will be going to follow your advice shortly! Thanks!

Back