Ahton Memorial

Name
Graham
Edit My Images
Yes
A few from Lancaster. The Ashton Memorial in Williamson’s Park…
#1 had a replacement sky added but I’ve made a bit of a hash… might revisit that one!
Your comments, please
ashton_memorial_stairs.jpg

ashton_memorial_2.jpg

ashton_memorial_symetry_2_.jpg

ashton_memorial_blossom.jpg

ashton_memorial.jpg

Thanks for looking and please comment…

Certainly very brief, Paul, but thanks for your comments.

Anyone else with anything constructive, please?

Graham, it was certainly not my intention to offend or upset you in any way if I have I apologise! I must admit though when I look back on my comments they were a bit blunt sorry! But, if you read between the lines they are constuctive! Ie get them in focus, make sure that they are vertical and that the perspective is correct. There is no point in anyone telling you how wonderful they are unless of course they are. If I was you I would take on board any advice offered learn from it and try again then let us have another look?

Paul,
Thank you for your apology. I did feel your comments were a little blunt.
As far as what you said, I agree. The last one leans a little ccw but in the original it was leaning cw. Maybe I over did the adjustment.
#3 suffers converging lines but it was even worse before pp so maybe I can be brave and push it a little further in future??
#4 was intentionally soft on the monument as I wanted the blossom in sharp focus. Maybe that doesn't come across properly in the pic??
#1 I intentionally focused on some of the stair rail supports to give a dof effect. Maybe that doesn't come across well either?
#1 and #3 I gave a duplicate layer and blended it with Overlay. Hoped it added to the Contrast
Advice from someone on composition, colour, pp, etc... would also help me.
I'm certainly honest enough to know that they are far from perfect but I try to learn from each criticism. I just don't find that many people bother to comment at all so it's hard to develop...
Thanks again though, honestly (y)
G

Back