Aira Force

Keltic Ice Man

Glossary King
Name
Allan
Edit My Images
Yes
Well today being so nice today the three boys and I went for a trip down the motorway to Ullswater and a walk around Aira force. It was well worth the car parking fees (Which I always think are excessive - £2.75 ish for the shortest stay of 2½ hours).

aira-force0054.jpg

http://kelticrose.itsmyland.com/coppermine/albums/userpics/10001/rainbow20057.jpg

#3 - This one is over exposed to try to show the rainbow better - does it work?
rainbow0049.jpg

butterfly0072.jpg

#5 - New Life - Springtime Leaf
leaf0066.jpg

#6 Ullswater
ullswater0059.jpg

fell0062.jpg

#8 New Life - Lambs
sheep0087.jpg

TFL

Allan

Love the first two but there does seem to be a bit of over-exposure to the others. The butterfly is good but a less complicated background would show it off better :thumb:

regards

Keltic Ice Man said:
Well today being so nice

Think you must have had the weather we had yesterday. Been a miserable day in the London area today.

Some nice shots there. Colours not my strong point but I'd say no on the rainbow shot ;)

some cracking shots there Allan, not sure about #1 fades to too much shadow, would like to see 1/3rd off the bottom, all the others are great, cant wait for my cumbrian trip later.
TFS

Went there a couple of years ago....don't like heights and was just a little scared going up that dodgy pathway. Nice shots mate.

Boon said:
some cracking shots there Allan, not sure about #1 fades to too much shadow, would like to see 1/3rd off the bottom, all the others are great, cant wait for my cumbrian trip later.
TFS

Thanks Steve, I agree about #1, I took 3 or 4 of the same shot with different settings and they all came out with the shadows - hope your still around TPF later in the year to show me how I should be taking shots in Cumbria. :thumb:

Hi Dave

Yer it was late in the afternoon when we decided to go out for a stroll so my mates driveway, and the free carpark were full; I object to the paying because I feel my poll tax is used anyway living in Cumbria. (I don't mind tourists having to pay - Oh Dear thats upset everyone :D )

But I suppose I could always join the National Trust for £40 and get free parking, as its one of their carparks

Allan

The butterfly one is a bit distracting - if you can, shooting something like that at the lowest aperture possible would reduce the distraction.

Otherwise, some wonderful photos!

Leo

I went to Aira Force a couple of years ago. #1 is pretty good considering you're surrounded on all sided by cliffs/forest (its a good half hour walk up a dirt track from the car park), and the lighting conditions are pretty horrendous.

Thanks for the comments Leo - must admit I wasxn't sure how long the butterfly would stay put and being such a novice was just pleased I got a pic of it - Must take the superglue next time.

Thanks GFK it was a really difficult spot to get the exposure right on. I'll give it another go next week or so... nice having it on your doorstep:)

TFL

Allan

Back