Airborne In Woburn

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi All,

Thought I'd have a quick visit to Woburn Mountain Bike Park this afternoon. Mountain Bike Photography is an area i'm particularly keen to cover and improve on so thought I'd post up a few. Any comments, ways to improve etc gratefully received.

It might be worth using a slightly lower shutter speed on a couple of them and panning with the rider, just to give more of an idea of travel for the down hill riders.

The trick riders are good, but more background might help to see how much height they are getting on their jumps.

That's the only thing I can think of on some good shots.

Nice set. A bit more context might be good (takeoff or landing point).

Agreed, the penultimate one works better for me as it provides these points of reference, but good shots nonetheless. I'd try a few panning shots too, next time you are shooting bikers

Thanks the tips and advice, ill put them into practice over the weekend.

Thanks

have to say they all look either slightly blurred or out of focus...

#1 - rider is too central too the shot and there is little context of what the jump looks like..if riders are trying to whip off a jump, get in front and as low as possible, and back far enough to get the jump in...

#2 - TREE !...:bang:..looks like he's about to meet his maker!!! again from the side, rider central to the shot and little of the jump

#3, #4, #6 - ditto central rider, no context

#5 - pic of the bunch, would have been better straight on

if you want motion blur, then go side on with the rider and slow your shutter speed down, stand further away so you don't have to pan so fast....slow panning over jumps is especially hard as you have both vertical and horizontal movement...

get yourself along to aston hill, porc for one of their comp days...is a top day out

look forward to your next set..

JB

have to say they all look either slightly blurred or out of focus...

#1 - rider is too central too the shot and there is little context of what the jump looks like..if riders are trying to whip off a jump, get in front and as low as possible, and back far enough to get the jump in...

#2 - TREE !...:bang:..looks like he's about to meet his maker!!! again from the side, rider central to the shot and little of the jump

#3, #4, #6 - ditto central rider, no context

#5 - pic of the bunch, would have been better straight on

if you want motion blur, then go side on with the rider and slow your shutter speed down, stand further away so you don't have to pan so fast....slow panning over jumps is especially hard as you have both vertical and horizontal movement...

get yourself along to aston hill, porc for one of their comp days...is a top day out

look forward to your next set..

JB

Thanks for taking the time to offer your advice, plan on putting all this into practice and more. I had a look at some of the pictures on your website, fantastic pictures and I can see what you mean now in reference to the points you made

Thanks

Back