Airbus A380

R

RobbieW

Heres one I took at Farnborough Airshow this year

A380.jpg

Rob

Can i just add, i hate this plane with a passion, the awful delays and airbus project mis-management are the reason i have very little job security at the moment and didnt buy the 5D for £1350 that StuvUK was recently selling.

Other then that, its a work of art and an engineering wonder. Here is a short clip of the first ever A380 wing assembly... the thing is HUGE, may help give someone who has not seen the A380 in the flesh realise just how big it is.

Real sense of action in the first one - the clipping of the wings gives me the impression its almost on top of you...nice.

Saw the A380 at Dubai airport last year, it is BIG.

The wings for that mutha are made 10 mins away from me.

I was lucky enough to be at the factory when it made it's debut with my camera in hand. :)

I work at the factory in Broughton (just over the border from Chester, in Wales), where they manufacture the wings for the A380 (and for other aircraft too), like Dreeder there are many more people worried about the security of their jobs now that the A380 has been put on hold for 2 years. A fantastic aeroplane though, and well captured in the first shot :)

Mike

Back