Aircraft 2007

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,
this is my first post in this forum and below are a selection of photos I took last year. I bit the bullet and spent rather more than I should upgrading my photographic gear but with that said I've enjoyed every minute taking these pictures and I just hope 2008 will bring better results and weather!

Regards
Tim

IMG_0800.jpg

IMG_0747-1.jpg

IMG_1113.jpg

IMG_1081.jpg

IMG_1392.jpg

IMG_1824-1.jpg

IMG_1920-1.jpg

IMG_1434.jpg

IMG_1639.jpg

IMG_2121.jpg

I love how you caught the precise moment of touchdown in no. 4. With smoke and everything. Nice. And the last one is just stunning.

What are you shooting with?

Hi Tim.

These are very, very nice pics, the stern looking Tiffy pilot is a classic.

What kit did you upgrade to?

Steve...

Good stuff Tim particuarly like the Jag and the helo you have a good set up there although the 100-400 struggles a bit in indifferent light it does resolve superb images on a good camera and is perfectly suited to the 5D. I'm not sure that the spray and pray method of camera operation gets good results shooting what we do. It is better to be a little more selective with your shots and look for the good shot and capture it rather than burst and hope when you get home you have something worthwhile. Horses for courses though each to their own way.

Look forward to seeing more as we get some light and weather and can get back out.

Cheers
Bill

Wow. Some really stunning shots there. My fave is the close-up of the helicopter. So much detail in that shot. I like the bloke looking out of the side window

These are brilliant looking forward to seeing more!

Nice one Tim, like them alot.
Looks like were gonna have to set up a big meet this season with all the Avo togs on here now.
Keep em comin'.
Dean:)

Wow!
Considering the subject these are really sharp. Fantastic buddie.

oh wow, they are ace, I want some pics like them, loovve them

if your a novice, then I have a long way togo as a newcomer. Which show were you at???

Well the airshows I went to last year started off at RAF Cosford in June then it was RIAT in July on the Monday when all the aircraft departed. This was followed up with the VAS photocall and the Duxford September airshow and the last image was my first and only trip to the Loop where I was lucky enough to get this Harrier all tooled up! Nothing much else came through that day but hopefully when the weather improves I'll get up there again..maybe week after next!

Regards
Tim

Awesome pics. Don't worry, you won't bore anybody with shots like these. I'm liking that chopper and the Harrier the best. Although the chopper could do with a wash! Get posting some more!

Excellent series, some cracking shots :clap:.

Well its a wonderful lens,no question,my mate uses one at Airshows and on the wildlife where it is de rigeur for Canon shooters.
Great shots ! Well done .:)
Pons.

Tim I have a 400 f2.8 L IS which is a monster 5370g OK handholding lowfly shooting as the traffic as you know is spread out over the day but to hand hold it at an airshow I would say is not practical it is bad enough HH at motorsport definitely need a monopod.

Rgds
Bill

All the wildlife stuff with 500 is done with bean bags from hide,or Gitzo and Wimberly plus arca ballheads.......................expensive is the word.
Bill is the man for these high speed plane shots,fancy a bit of that myself on top of the hills.
Do they do it in Wales ,I only live in Worcester,not far away.
Pons

Right on your doorstep Pons take a look at

www.flylow-flyfast.co.uk

go to the imformation forum you will get chapter and verse mate it would be good to see you up the hill it is great sport and good crack.

Bill

Hi Pons, yes they fly in Wales, probably the best known area is the Mach Loop although there are other locations.
There are websites dedicated to this type of aircraft photography and if you see Bills' site it will give you a good idea of what to expect, the only thing I'd add is that patience is very much a virtue as for obvious reasons the MOD doesn't publish a timetable!
However when they do appear it's very impressive, the speed and noise of fast ground attack aircraft is terrific...you might even get a wave from the crew!

Regards
Tim

There are some great images there, (y)
I like #1 alot, its a shame you clipped the tail though.

Tim is spot on about patience if you haven't got it in abundance then best not to go lowfly shooting you will probably end up very disappointed it is totally different to going to an airshow. These shots are hard won believe me there is no organisation, no conveyor belt but as Tim rightly says when one of these guys decides to make a move the buzz is incredible and also believe me sods law dictates they will be at you when you least expect em.

Bill

Stunning series of shots and all beautifully exposed against that bright sky. (y)

Tim,
Just been speaking to him about Airshows.
He use 70-200L for Big Bombers on runway,300 for Smaller and 500 for Sky shots.
He tried tripods,monopods but prefers normal panning or hand held,even with 500.
He had 100-400,but was not happy with it ,then bought 300 and fell in love with it.
Pons

Back