Airliners Head On

Name
Neil
Edit My Images
Yes
Just a couple from Manchester Airport at the weekend.

4919805637_14f1ef91d9_z.jpg

4920608235_3f2430ff7d_z.jpg

Larger versions on my Flickr (y)

i really like those, im going to have to start putting the kit in my van and stop off at east midlands airport :)

Very nice, the one on approach is clearly on the VOR/DME approach for runway 23R, you can clearly see the offset from the centreline, good capture :clap:

Very nice, the one on approach is clearly on the VOR/DME approach for runway 23R, you can clearly see the offset from the centreline, good capture :clap:

he sure is kevin, just wish i knew what that meant.:LOL: :bonk:

Really loving the second one, the first picture I would be very tempted to shop out the other plane in the top left hand corner. That just me being really fussy;)

The 1st "just" filling the frame is excellent.
I might be tempted to do a photoshop job and have it flying out of the picture

I am off to Lincoln tomorrow, may have to see what military is flying :)

Cracking shots Neil

I presume # 2 is on take off ? Did you manage to get a shot with the undercarrage folding ??

Cheers

Andy

Thanks for the comments, much appreciated (y)

Cracking shots Neil

I presume # 2 is on take off ? Did you manage to get a shot with the undercarrage folding ??

Cheers

Andy

Think so Andy, I'll have a look for you..

Very nice, the one on approach is clearly on the VOR/DME approach for runway 23R, you can clearly see the offset from the centreline, good capture
Kevin,
Both on Take off, not approach (y)

Loving all these shots (y)

I'm only round the corner from Manchester Airport but can't figure where you got these from unless you were stood by on Ringway Road, am I right or have you found a better spot?

Will you be about next wednesday for the arrival of the A380?

Last edited:
Loving all these shots (y)

I'm only round the corner from Manchester Airport but can't figure where you got these from unless you were stood by on Ringway Road, am I right or have you found a better spot?

Will you be about next wednesday for the arrival of the A380?

They'll be from the other end of the runways :) You can get to them via public footpaths!

They're great shots though, I love number one :)

For me I like No1. The runway lights add depth to the shot and the approaching plane in the top right is a cool extra detail

They're both excellent. For me, I'd prefer #1 with a crop taking the other aeroplane out of the picture. Superb perspective on the 'planes though!

i really like those, im going to have to start putting the kit in my van and stop off at east midlands airport :)

Whereabouts do you go at EMA? Any good footpaths around, its not far for me to get there and fancy having a go.

I like the first one with the plane coming in, I wouldnt photoshop it out. But then I like seeing them all stack up as I drive along the M4 for Heathrow.

Back