Airscene 2015 Christmas Competition

Name
Ian
Edit My Images
No
Prize: Pair of tickets for RAF Cosford Airshow 2016 and a Family ticket for Dunsfold Wings & Wheels 2016

The Brief:

Locations: Local airfield / airports (military bases not accepted)

Subject Matter: Anything!

To clarify - we are looking for something which makes us think / tells a story.... It can be an aircraft, but it might be better if the ground crew are working on it / refuelling it. It could be a badger trotting across a runway, or a flock of birds. It could be friends greeting their loved ones on return from abroad - anything!

Entrants may submit ONE entry only and there will be no shortlisting. Entries will be posted on Airscene on Saturday 19th December and they will be looked at by myself and a small panel on Sunday 20th. The winner will be announced on Christmas Day.

Adjustments of levels, turning into Black & White and cropping will be acceptable. HDR will not. Cloning (in or out) and replacement of backgrounds will not.

Entries will only be accepted which are taken between 3rd November 2015 and Friday 18th December 2015, as such EXIF data MUST be intact, so please do not use Save For Web if working in photoshop or similar programs.

*Entry open to UK residents only.

**Airscene reviewers are not able to win airshow tickets, and as such are excluded from this competition.

For full rules and to enter please visit: http://www.airscene.co.uk/competitions/CHRISTMAS2015.php

Addendum:

Essentially the brief you have been given is a reportage photography assignment based on typical "routine" daily life at an airfield or airport. You could be looking for interactions between people, people in isolation, people interacting with objects... you could be up close and personal or you could be that voyeur.

Objects can also be the subject of reportage photography.. does the object look out of place? Is it broken? Is it important? Is it's setting right?

If you are unclear and want some more idea's then I suggest you do an image search on Google for "airport reportage" or even "urban photography".

Finally - I have been asked why I have deviated from the usual aircraft themed competition. Well, not everyone following Airscene has a modern DSLR and a long lens, plus believe it or not, there is more to aviation photography than just aircraft...

This competition will enable everyone to join in (well at least those who can be bothered to get up and do something) regardless of whether then own a Nikon D8100, Canon EOS5, or a Samsung Galaxy Ace. This one is not just for the enthusiasts, or for the photographers, but for the observers too....

Apologies for any confusion but the reason for stating local airfields / airports and not military is the theme is purely civil aviation, so no military aircraft please.

Back