Airscene 2016 Airshow Calendar Competition

Name
Ian
Edit My Images
No
Airscene would like to wish you all a very Happy New Year.

As promised, the Airscene 2016 Airshow Calendar Competition is now open....

RAF Museum Cosford and Newark Air Museum have already expressed an interest in donating prizes - these and other sponsors details will be confirmed as the competition progresses.

Now a few important rule changes to note:

There will be a maximum of 150 entries shortlisted, with up to 50 coming from the Early Entry Phase + an allocation of 20 shortlisted entries for each of the 5 months during the main phase. Any spare allocation will be carried over each to the next month.

Entries which are available for license are now acceptable, however it is the entrants responsibility to check there is no breach of the licensing agreement., and entries which are for SALE (either as a download or a print) are NOT ELIGIBLE.

Entries are no longer limited to those taken at Airshows and scheduled museum events (such as Bruntingthorpe Cold War Jets Day) but now allows for entries which have been taken at aviation museum or RAF nightshoots.

As usual entries submitted to any other competition are not acceptable, and entries MUST have been taken during the dates specified for each period.

Please ensure your entry is accompanied by your name and address (or mailing list ID), meets the minimum 1MB file size and crop requirements, and it would also be helpful if you give your entry a title too.

To view the full rules and to enter please visit:
http://www.airscene.co.uk/competitions/2016calendar.php

Shortlisting for the Early Entry Phase takes place during April.

Good Luck!

Quick update - Newark Air Museum have offered a pair of family tickets for 2016 (valued at £22 each) for this years competition.

Key Publishing Ltd and RAF Museum Cosford are also expected to confirm in the next week or so.

The competition is currently in "Early Entry Phase" - a kind of bonus round whereby entrants may submit ONE entry taken during 2014.

Up to 50 entries will be shortlisted in April (closing date for Early Entry phase is 31st March 2015). The Main competition then opens on 1st May 2015 and closes on 30th September.

To view the full rules and to enter please visit:
http://www.airscene.co.uk/competitions/2016calendar.php

Update... the Airscene 2016 Calendar Competition prize board is slowly building up.........

Aviation Artist Terry Jones has invited me to select two prizes for this years calendar competition. The first print I have selected is Terry's beautiful impression of Harriet in her Bleriot bi-plane overlaying her portrait.... the print will be allocated to one of the Runner Up prizes.

(I have selected the print for first prize and will be announcing this in around 5 weeks time)

View attachment 40409

The prize board currently stands as follows:

1st Prize

£150 voucher (to include p&p) courtesy of Key Publishing Ltd

Royal International Air Tattoo - pair of public entry tickets for Sunday at RIAT 2016 (valued at £41 each) (R)

Print by Artist Terry Jones (To be announced later) (valued at £69)

2nd Prize

£100 voucher (to include p&p) courtesy of Key Publishing Ltd

Pair of tickets for RAF Cosford Airshow 2016 courtesy of RAF Cosford Airshow (R)(valued at £44)(UK)

3rd Prize

£50 voucher (to include p&p) courtesy of Key Publishing Ltd

Family ticket (2 adults and up to 3 children) for Dunsfold "Wings & Wheels 2016" (valued at £45)(R) (UK)

1st Runner Up

Harriet Quimby print by artist Terry Jones (valued at £39)

Prizes confirmed but not yet allocated on table:

2 x family ticket to Newark Air Museum (valued at £22 each)

+ 3 various prizes (around £15 each) courtesy of RAF Museum Cosford

This is the 10th year of the Airscene Calendar Competition in it's current format and as such I am aiming to fill 9 runner up prizes in addition to the 3 main prizes.

So... if you are into aviation, do join in and get your entries in asap (this is important due to the "Too Similar" rule). Max of 2 entries may be submitted (one entrant per household).

Competition closes at noon on 30th September. Full rules and how to enter can be found at http://www.airscene.co.uk/competitions/2016calendar.php

I look forward to receiving your entries.

The Airscene 2016 calendar competition closes at midday on 30th September. 3 main prizes and 9 runner up prizes in total this year including airshow tickets, book vouchers, aviation art and much more are up for grabs. The full (subject to change as prizes are received) prize list currently stands as follows:

fsscr451.jpg

any other winners from here? i got 8th placed with my Blenheim, i thought it was the weaker of my 2 shots, and only;y put it in because your allowed 2 entries, thanks airscene for a great competition!

032.jpg

Congratulations to Lewis Wiffen who wins this years competition, and also to everyone else who made it onto the calendar this year... The final result looks like this:

1st: Lewis Wiffen (1st prize)
2nd: Neil Darby (2nd prize)
3rd: Jonathan Wintle (3rd prize)

4th: Neil Darby (no prize allocation)
5th: Michael Cleaver (1st Runner Up prize)
6th: Ian Schofield (2nd Runner Up prize)

7th: Katherine Rhodes (3rd Runner Up prize)
8th: Neil Keyes (4th Runner Up prize)
9th: Darran Gough (5th Runner Up prize)

10th: Ron Gafney (6th Runner Up prize)
11th: Anna Marriage (7th Runner Up prize)
12th: Paul Smith (8th Runner Up prize)

13th: Peter Busby wins the 12th Runner Up prize although does not appear on the calendar.

I hope you have enjoyed this year's competition. Remember the Early Phase for the next competition will be starting soon - do start having a look through your photo's from 2015....

Back