Airtime

Name
walter
Edit My Images
Yes
I started flying RC helicopters last year, with a view to learn to fly with a camera quad in mind.
So the time has come and i purchased said quad, a Dji Phanthom Professional, with a 12 megapixel camera and a 4k video.
Never done any aerial photography before with a quad as a platform, so this is a new experience for me, i thought i would share my experience.
With stills and video.

Last edited:
Will you be using this for your villages project?

Wow, this really gives a different perspective. I love the shots in the last post, especially the first two.

I know nothing about this type of equipment. How far away can you control it?

Looking forward to seeing more.
Hi jenny it says in the manual 1.2 miles, its got all sorts of trickery to get you out of trouble , it can return home by itself, I have only had it out to 17 thousand feet at mo.

I agree with @jennyb, the last shots you posted Walter are the standout images for me.
I think its their more graphic almost abstract look which attracts my eye to them. (y)

I have been wanting to get one for a bit as well, think like you will pick up a cheapish one just to get the hang of things before moving up like this, nice photos.

I saw this on telly during the week, didn't know it even existed until then, thought it would be a nice place to do a vid with quad,
It is the THOMAS A BECKETT church, at Fairfield on the Romney Marsh, Kent,
As you will see stands all on its own, it used to serve the farm community, the main Village no longer exits.
FOR FURTHER INFO

Good stuff here (y)

Have you shot any 4K video yet?

I have, but had to take it down to 1080, i have found out since you need all the gear to handlle it, working up to all that in the future, still getting head around quad and video, as all new to me.

Such a lovely evening last night me and the other half, went to HERNE BAY for bite to eat, and for me to have my first bash with P3P over water, quite pleased how it all went, been chopping footage down to three or four minutes, to make it better for working with.
This is the end of the old pier at HERNE BAY KENT.

Last edited:
You are doing very well with these videos, Walter. Both are very interesting and images that you could not get any other way. I bet it took a bit of courage to send it out over the water.

The old pier must have been very long. It's a long way out. Keep up the good work.

Hi jenny it says in the manual 1.2 miles, its got all sorts of trickery to get you out of trouble , it can return home by itself, I have only had it out to 17 thousand feet at mo.

How does this tally up with UK drone laws (or is it just a code of conduct?) that states you shouldn't go above 400 feet in altitude or further than 500 metres horizontally?

Back