Album restoration

Without seeing it that would be incredibly difficult to say, can you not give more detail as to the current condition etc?

The album is falling to bits, and the photos are all loose - however the photos are in good condition. The lady wants to keep the traditional feel of a matted album, and so if it needs a new album fine. I have given her my pricing for a new digital album, but that was too much - hence asking if anyone can restore it. I don't have pictures sorry

Just a thought, find a local bookbinder and see whether he or she can offer such a book restoration service.

Would probably cost a lot more to restore than it would to supply a new album

Was just noting from the op that the price he gave for a new digital album was "too much"

I think the cover could be re-used, and maybe just a case of re mounting the photos - but it's not my area of expertise and I dont want to try tbh. She wants to hand it down to her grandkids - showing how albums used to be.

So she does ideally want it to be an heirloom/sentimental item? Were I you I would show it to a bookbinder and get their insight as to least cost options to repair/preserve it "as is"

Back