Aldi. 500gb esata/usb ext hd £49.99 2nd Oct.

Name
Russell
Edit My Images
No
Blurb from site:

'Masses of extra ‘plug-in’ memory/high-performance capability for your PC.

* 500GB Hard Disk Drive capacity
* 8MB cache
* 7200rpm
* eSATA connector (transfer rate max. 1200MBit/sec)
* USB 2.0 connector (transfer rate max. 480MBit/sec)
* Size: 3.5"
* Includes AC adaptor, desktop stand, USB cable
* Can store up to 150,000 photos (3MB per photo), 100,000 MP3 songs (4MB per song) or 300 hours of TV recordings'

http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers/58_7350.htm

hdd_Wk4052.jpg

I'll have a good look at one of those, the Medion stuff I have has always worked well (PC & Scanner)

It says PC which I have at the moment, I guess it will work on a Mac too, which I'm going to get.

Last edited by a moderator:
I picked up their promo leaflet a couple of days ago, spotted that and have already decided to make it my first extra storage buy.(y)

that sounds good slipper. will have to get one of them beasts. my 250gb is nearly full of films and music (or rubbish as the missus would say :))

Not sure how many each store will have but if you go in Wednesday evening they may be out in (?) the display cabinet so worth a try to buy then.;)

It might be worth pointing out that Argos have a permanent 'offer' in their latest catalogue for a 500GB Maxtor drive for £60.

Personally I've never heard of a Medion drive (thats not to say it won't work perfectly of course) but I do know that Maxtor are a big name and obviously it'll be always available at your local Argos :)

Medion are a German company (i think) that buy up excess stop from various computer manufactures and then re-brand it before selling it on. I have never had a problem with any of the Medion stuff I have bought over the years.

Mmmmm...Medion are very highly rated in PC mags, well worth considering if you can get there early enough to snap one up, especially as it's eSATA..

Cheers, just wondered what you thought given that a lot of peeps have slated Medion -aldi/ldli kit.

Back