Alien-covenant

Edit My Images
Yes
Anyone going to watch it? Im gagging to see it and just booked some IMAX tickets. First time going to an IMAX also.

After the disappointment of Prometheus, no, but I hope it proves me wrong and is good.

After the disappointment of Prometheus, no, but I hope it proves me wrong and is good.

Prometheus is not a patch on the first 2 and i also did not think much to it when i first watched it. After a few more viewings i do enjoy the film now for what it is. Covenant is supposed to be better than Prometheus so fingers crossed.

i think people thought prometheus was going to be like Aliens 4 but Scott allways said he wanted to do more films that told the story more.
i loved prometheus and so will be going to see covenent

Yep, thought Prometheus was quite good
I'd say it was as good as Alien, if not better.
I'm definitely up for covenant too :)

Just booked to see it on Wednesday, enjoyed all of the Alien films, just some more than others.

One of the few who enjoyed Prometheus, can't understand how it got such a panning and Arrival received glowing reviews.
Thought the latter was one of the dullest sci-fi films I have ever seen, even worse than Interstellar and that was dour

Saw Aliens when it was released at the Odeon, Leicester Square, (the big screen experience at that time) brilliant film and still enjoy it even now

Last edited:
Just booked to see it on Wednesday, enjoyed all of the Alien films, just some more than others.

One of the few who enjoyed Prometheus, can't understand how it got such a panning and Arrival received glowing reviews.
Thought the latter was one of the dullest sci-fi films I have ever seen, even worse than Interstellar and that was dour

Saw Aliens when it was released at the Odeon, Leicester Square, (the big screen experience at that time) brilliant film and still enjoy it even now

For me it was all the build up trying to tie it all in with the Alien films. Then when it appeared instead of all the equipment being old/junkie it was all flash and white - something they reminded in Alien: Isolation (good shout).

Prometheus wasn't a bad film, it had some great moments. A little bad story telling and the over use of CGI (yeah I get everyone uses it etc).

Hoping this new installment is better - but I won't be disappointed if it isn't.

Arrival received glowing reviews.
Thought the latter was one of the dullest sci-fi films I have ever seen,
I'm glad I'm not the only one, I kept waiting for something to happen.
It felt like a cross between Contact & and the Abyss to me, and a very poor one at that.

even worse than Interstellar
Not seen that, and I don't think I'll bother either.

I'm glad I'm not the only one, I kept waiting for something to happen.
It felt like a cross between Contact & and the Abyss to me, and a very poor one at that.

Quite enjoyed Contact, but had happily forgotten the Abyss-mal, last half hour descending felt like an eternity, dire

Not seen that, and I don't think I'll bother either.

Wise decision, watched it again to see if it made more sense, it didn't

Another slow one was Gattaca, but nowhere near as bad as the above mentioned stinkers

Seriously? interstellar was hard work certainly due to its complexity, arrival too but less so. Great films both, guess as they are both heavily based in true science and theory though they don't run down the same action packed path as many and hence do divide opinion.

I liked the Abyss, and Contact, and Interstellar (apart from the overpowering score).
I also still think that Alien was far better than Aliens. Enjoyed Aliens, don't get me wrong, but I think the "implied menace" of the original was far more effective than the in-your-face hung ho GI Joe chaos of the sequel. I do think though, that the Director's Cut of Aliens was way better than the theatre edition; it explained a few things.

as they are both heavily based in true science and theory
You know what they say, today's science fiction is tomorrows science fact ;)

Just back from seeing Alien Covenant, it was enjoyable and reminded me at times of the early films.

Not memorable, but the time passed quickly enough which usually means a film is pretty decent

Just back from seeing Alien Covenant, it was enjoyable and reminded me at times of the early films.

Not memorable, but the time passed quickly enough which usually means a film is pretty decent

Completely agree.
A film is about leaving reality at the door and enjoying the break.

Never liked Alien, Aliens much, much better. Prometheus is very good too. Never liked Contact, seemed to promise so much and delivered so little. Not seen Arrival, just watched the trailer and doesn't look like anything that I'd enjoy either. Interstellar is a great film, I've watched it several times. The Abyss is good too.

Never liked Alien, Aliens much, much better. Prometheus is very good too. Never liked Contact, seemed to promise so much and delivered so little. Not seen Arrival, just watched the trailer and doesn't look like anything that I'd enjoy either. Interstellar is a great film, I've watched it several times. The Abyss is good too.

I loved The Abyss, good concept with the breathable liquid. I also really liked The Martian.

I loved The Abyss, good concept with the breathable liquid. I also really liked The Martian.

"We all breathe liquid for nine months, Brigman, your body will remember...."

Love it. :)

Independence Day, now we're talking
No scientific theory there, just a good old blow the ugly alien bastards out of the sky

All pale into insignificance next to Forbidden Planet, that's got ray guns, robots, massive alien machines, flying saucer and spooky space travel type music

Independence Day, now we're talking
No scientific theory there, just a good old blow the ugly alien bastards out of the sky
Absolutely shoot 'em up kill 'em all and let (Their) God sort them out (y)

All pale into insignificance next to Forbidden Planet,
Blimey now you are digging deep, I'll "see" your forbidden planet and raise you "The Day the Earth Stood Still "
( The original one that is )

Absolutely shoot 'em up kill 'em all and let (Their) God sort them out (y)

Blimey now you are digging deep, I'll "see" your forbidden planet and raise you "The Day the Earth Stood Still "
( The original one that is )

Totally agree, I was torn between the two as my favourite Sci if film, Klaatu barada nikto, what a classic line.

The new version was total garbage, just didn't need remaking

Back