Aliexpress INNOREL RT80C CF tripod - any good?

LongLensPhotography

Th..th..that's all folks!
Name
LongLensPhotography
Edit My Images
No
I found one of those flicking through Aliexpress. Looks decent on paper for £120. My only real worry is head attachment. I can't see any secondary screw going up to lock the head in place. I hope it is wide enough for Manfrotto head diameter but without measurements I'm not even sure. Most tripods on sale except Manfrotto and Gitzo have attachements way too small.

Technically I don't need one today but I might tomorrow depending how rubbish my half hacked Rollei 6i will prove to be. Manfrotto 190 got binned this afternoon after another leg cracked in half. I won't bother with that POS any more - just ripped out a few bits to adapt centre column to Rollei as that part was broken s*** on it.

Even if I don't go for it somebody else might find it useful

I looked at their RT90C which looks a lot better design but that is far too big and heavy at nearly 3KG without head. Any alternatives in that sort of style and price range would be useful to know too. I'm not paying used car money for a G thing. Period.

I have no experience of the Aliexpress tripod, but I just wanted to ask how long you had your Manfrotto for and what happened to it?

I have the CF 190 and was hoping it would last me a while!

Cheers,

Iain

Sure https://BANNED/PhotoNeta/status/1061333991557599232?s=20

No idea if CF version has the same locks. If they do and they at least once got close to sea water you could reasonably expect the same. It's the 3rd or 4th to go this way in my hands but certainly the last

I assume they will be the same locks on both versions. I don't shoot much coastal stuff, but I was planning on doing it more often.

Might be worth me getting a cheap tripod specifically for that and keep my CF 190 for the hills.

I also heard that CF in general is not good with sea water.

I also heard that CF in general is not good with sea water.

I really don't know about that - never had one. Pure high quality aluminium or stainless steel bits do OK. Anything with Magnesium or other reactive metals clearly not so much!
Presumably the worst thing you can do to CF is scratch or dent it after which all hell breaks loose. Sand or grit would be a big enemy.

Back