All alone on a very windy cad west 11-12-09 - Pictures re attached

Name
Ben Gilbert
Edit My Images
No
Well what a day that was!!!

Headed up to the loop today with my mind set on Corris, only to find there were roadworks on the layby, and I didnt fancy leaving my car with the workman around all day, so opted for Cad West instead. Got to the car park at 09:00, and the temperature gauge read 1C, bit of a chilly one!! Got togged up with all my gear and as soon as I crossed the stye, got carparked by a hawk!!!Arrived at the top of cad after a brisk 10 minute walk, with not a sole in sight, sat down for a breather, only to be greated by a 2 ship of T2 hawks. Nice one!! I though this would set the standard for the day......... should have known better!!!

I Spent large amounts of the day with perfect light, and no aircraft flying in it, and winds of about 30-40mph pushing me around like a rag doll all day. When an aircraft did arrive, it was so hard to pan it with the wind pushing against my lens, I really struggled. Had a bit of action throughout the day,5 hawks and a chinook past cad, with a further 5-6 hawks coming out of the bwlch straight to Dol

The light was stunning around 3pm, but only had one T2 through to take advantage of it, finally packed up at 15:45 after a long day with me, myself and I as company!! But I cant wait to go back. Any comments would be gratefully recieved.

Heres a couple of pictures from my day, dont be fooled by the light, it was bloody freezing!!!

11-12-9.jpg

11-12-3.jpg

11-12-1.jpg

11-12-6.jpg

11-12-5.jpg

11-12-8.jpg

Last edited:
11-12-2.jpg

11-12-4.jpg

9, Couldnt resist this shot
11-12-10.jpg

Last edited:
full marks for going :) and at least you got some nice shots so worth the effort.
Rob.

Great to see you battling the weather for the passion of photography!!! Really like no7 for the colour!!

Nice catch on the Chinook, a rare sight in the Loop. The Hawk T2s on approach look pretty good as well.

I did wonder if anyone was on Cad as I watched most aircraft turn towards Dol.

You were right about the weather conditions! Pretty tough to shoot in and far from ideal to be stood around in.

Where's the pics Ben ,they have disappeared !

Sorry Chris, I sorted out my photobucket account last night and moved the pictures into a different file, so had to re post them with the new links, should be fine now. (y)

Ah that's better Ben.
Not the sharpest I have ever seen,but nice lighting .
Well done for braving the cold and wind,but reckon that played a factor in the sharpness.
Pons

7&9 are beautiful atmospheric images. you were blessed with nice light, makes all the difference. sorting out me thermals ready for friday brrr.

Back