*** All NEW Talk Photography Gallery - Discussion **

Marcel

Kim Jong Bod
Admin
Name
Marcel
Edit My Images
Yes
Pop any questions, queries, problems, ideas, rants, raves or suggestions you have in this thread.

We're all ears, please come tell us how you like your website buttered (y)

Don't forget you can always Contact Us if you'd rather do it privately.

Kind Regards

Marcel
(PS. We'll move this thread to the suggestions / site discussion forum once it's died down...we're putting it in here now as it's quite a big topic, and we want as much input from you lot as we can).

You can also view each members gallery by clicking the Gallery link under their avatar...(soon to be a graphic, cant decide which we like best though, lol)

matty said:
You can also view each members gallery by clicking the Gallery link under their avatar...(soon to be a graphic, cant decide which we like best though, lol)

Or by selecting their username from next to a post theyve made, and clicking {members}gallery from the drop down list

no

just means you should upload some!

Joe T said:
Hmm, I have a gallery link, but no pics in my gallery. Is this going to confuse people?

I did sort out a way of doing it so only those who had uploaded shots to their gallery, got a link...but the code was too messy, and I really didnt want to risk the stability of the forums. :)

Joe T said:
Any way we can upload them from webspace or does it have to be a local drive?

We can turn that feature on if you want.

Consider it turned on :)

Yep, basically you're just selecting to copy it from a URL instead of your local hard drive.

Anyway it's now turned on. On the upload screen on the right hand side at the bottom, there is a space to put the URL in :)
I think you can put folders in there too.

you have to create your album and move them in, navigate to full sized image and use the move function below it

Click on your photo to bring it up full size.
Underneath, select 'Edit Photo'

On the next window, third option down you'll see a dropdown list "Change category? (leave blank to leave alone)" you *should* be able to see a few albums there, including your own, prefixed by your username. :)

Marcel said:
Click on your photo to bring it up full size.
Underneath, select 'Edit Photo'

On the next window, third option down you'll see a dropdown list "Change category? (leave blank to leave alone)" you *should* be able to see a few albums there, including your own, prefixed by your username. :)
Thats it. thanks :)

Lots of photos coming soon! :)

Looks very good guys, you've obviously put in some hard work. (y) :clap:

marcel put in teh hard work, hes the code king, we looked at a few options and this one just gave us everything that we wanted, personally i would have prefered to keep the G2 and integrate it, but that was very very complex!

The new gallery looks superb and I like clicking on a link under a persons avatar to see their gallery. :clap: (y)

One feature I would like to see is an area to give or receive feedback on hosted photos (in my case receive).

Am I alone in this? If so I will shut up and :coat:

:D

we could have had comments enabled, but we dont want to dilute the photosharing forum, it is the busiest part of the forums after all!

might have a featured gallery (both hosted and off site) soon anyway!

Had a quick look ... vast improvement in many respects ... not all though ! Well done guys and many thanks for the hard work so obviously put into it !

One immediate and very minor observation ...

Some of the drop down menus, top & bottom only show me half the text ? Is this peculiar to me or is it because the font is too big ?

thats you rog, cant see that bug at all?

what else dont people like, we can tinker with the settings!

Could be you rog...it pulls the drop down menus from the forums ;)

Is it doing it on the forums too? Or just when you're looking at the gallery page.
How about the main "Home" page, does it do it on there?
If you can throw a screenie my way, I'll attempt to :thinking: my bonce, :bang: my head against a wall trying to figure it out :)

Marcel said:
Could be you rog...it pulls the drop down menus from the forums ;)

Is it doing it on the forums too? Or just when you're looking at the gallery page.
How about the main "Home" page, does it do it on there?
If you can throw a screenie my way, I'll attempt to :thinking: my bonce, :bang: my head against a wall trying to figure it out :)

Hmmm ... only Gallery where we have what I call traditional Drop Downs ... those that show text in a white box before doing anything next to the down arrow ... e.g. like the Grey/Blue Forum Drop Down (this is OK !).

The two at the top in the Gallery and the single one (or two ?) underneath the row of four are odd ones having big text in the box ! The row of four starting with Sort ... are all OK ?

Methinx it mustn't be me then ? :thinking:

Cannot do screen dump ... no combination of keys does anything on here ... must look into that !

Thanx for sorting Marcel ... !

ctrl + prtsc for a screen dump rog, i can do it on my lappy? tried grey and blue themes and cant recreate your problem, so a piccy would help!(hint: got a camera?

screenie8tv.jpg

You mean those menus?
They're fine for me (on both the blue and the grey themes).

I think the dropdown fonts are called from your browser theme, or maybe your windows theme, rather than the forum style.

Marcel said:
You mean those menus?
They're fine for me (on both the blue and the grey themes).

I think the dropdown fonts are called from your browser theme, or maybe your windows theme, rather than the forum style.

Sort of Marcel ... but not really anything to do with Grey or Blue ... didn't mean to mislead you ! :shake:

CTRL + Prnt Scrn - doesn't work for me ! :shrug:

Anyway ... two pics showing the problem ... e.g. Quick Jump - View - Per Page DDs (just to prove I do have a camera and it works ... even if I don't !). :razz:

Both from the same screen in my gallery ...

RLG3724.jpg

and ...

RLG3726.jpg

You can see from these two that although more than one Drop-Down is showing the font in some is too big and only shows half the words ... on my screen at least ! :crying:

I am not sure how this happens but if some are OK and some not ... can it really be me ? :shrug:

HTH Marcel and illustrates the problem well enough ? :thinking:

Now ... to that Prnt Scrn matter ... :p

Yup, thats definately down to your choice of font size....do you browse with the font sent to "larger" or "+1"..

If you use firefox , try pressing CTRL and - to decrease the text size by one,or hold down CTRL and roll your mouse wheel.

Or if you use IE, go to the View Menu, Text Size, and select a smaller text size....

See if they make a difference, but yes, I have seen that before, and it's when I've been browsing with a larger than 'normal' font. :)

The PRT Screen button doesnt actually do anything visible when you press it,...it just makes a copy of your screen in memory (on whats called the clipboard). You then actually need to do something with it.
Open photoshop or some other package, File > New, then Edit > Paste...hey prest, screenie!

Marcel said:
Yup, thats definately down to your choice of font size....do you browse with the font sent to "larger" or "+1"..

If you use firefox , try pressing CTRL and - to decrease the text size by one,or hold down CTRL and roll your mouse wheel.

Or if you use IE, go to the View Menu, Text Size, and select a smaller text size....

See if they make a difference, but yes, I have seen that before, and it's when I've been browsing with a larger than 'normal' font. :)

The PRT Screen button doesnt actually do anything visible when you press it,...it just makes a copy of your screen in memory (on whats called the clipboard). You then actually need to do something with it.
Open photoshop or some other package, File > New, then Edit > Paste...hey prest, screenie!

Ha sorted ... clever old stick you are ! (y) Two click rolls in Firefox and there you go ... :bonk:

Has anyone ever told you you're a genius Marcel ... No ? Well I'm not surprised ... :naughty: ... but anyway you successfully identified that one for me !

Thanx for that one ... :clap:

Now to try the Scrn Dmp bit ...

Edited ... and what do you know ... :bang: ... how bad am I ... :amstupid: ... and how kool are you ... (y) !

Another small whinge though ... when typing a longish note here in "Go Advanced" why does it always revert to the top of the window whenever a Smilie or anything other than type is input ?

I know ... KISS ... or don't use Smilies or anything else ! :razz:

Not the answers I want ... really !

Venomator said:

Another small whinge though ... when typing a longish note here in "Go Advanced" why does it always revert to the top of the window whenever

That's a bug I suffer from too unfortunately. I think it's down to either the browser, or Java.

I tend not to click on smilies anymore, I just use quickcodes, now that they have been sorted out ;) Instead of smile123part6withafrown, you can just type :naughty: for :naughty: or :lol: for :LOL:
So learning those easy quickcodes has meant that its quicker to type out than reach for the mouse and click on the smiley.

The same goes for italics, bold and underline, did you know that you can hit CTRL+B (or I or U)and it puts the bold tags around your cursor (or italics or underline of course)

So you can hit CTRL B and then type your word.
Same goes for highlighting a word and pressing CTRL+B I or U....does the same thing ;)

A few little tips for you there :p

Thanx Marcel knew most of those through 'Messenger' but never thought of using them here ... :shrug:

Do you have to put the colons in too ? :LOL: (guess you do !)

and Green ???
:LOL:

Well ... I sort of thought it was sort of sorted and I suppose some of it has been ... sorted that is !?! :bonk: :bang:

BUT ...There are some pages where, however many clicks and rolls I do the problem of only seeing bits of text in some boxes persists ... alongside others that fit perfectly ... ALL the time no matter how large the font on screen ??? :thinking:

Having just mastered the Prnt Scrn art here is an example ... :(

Untitled-11.jpg

You can see the left Drop down is perfect ... but the middle and right DDs are only partially fitting the words/numbers in ? :shrug:

Any ideas Matty ... anyone ? :help:

Appreciate any thoughts/suggestions anyone may have but ... is it really me ... :p

Edit ... Not sure why the pic didn't show either ... ?

wee scot said:
sorry but I am jetlagged, shattered and thick today, how do I delete some of my photos ? cant see what is front of me probably :-(

Hi WeeScot ... sorry to hear about you lagging !?!

I'm no expert but there is a wee tick box at the bottom of each pic in your gallery ... tick it and confirm when asked and hey presto ... gone for good !

But watch out ... :LOL:

HTH ...

if you need anything doing, just contact one of the team here and we will help you out.

matty said:
if you need anything doing, just contact one of the team here and we will help you out.

Ahem, cough & splutter ... :LOL:

I do sir, please sir ... :shrug:

just drop me a line Rog..

Back