Daily AllFallD0wn's 365 project!

Name
Nick
Edit My Images
Yes
So, it's 1/1/2012, and it's time for me to attempt a 365 project! Hopefully I'll do all 365 days, although I know for certain some days I will not be able to upload on the day (scout camps, etc.), but will attempt to take a picture a day and get it uploaded ASAP!

I've started a tumblr blog for it : http://http://nicks365.tumblr.com/

and will also post the photo for the day in this thread as well.

Without further ado, here's the first;

tumblr_lx4jphVXA31r9tafto1_500.jpg

1/365 - Wii

I’ve been playing a lot of Legend of Zelda : Skyward Sword recently. It’s a good game!

Last edited:
Day 2 is here!

Day 2 - Books

tumblr_lx6fiuai2G1r9tafto1_500.jpg

The idea of this is how books have now evolved from big, chunky paper things, into tiny electronic devices (I for one believe in having both). Featuring some extremely good books from my collection, and the one I’m currently reading at the moment;

Complete Works of William Shakespeare
Harry Potter Series
The Bible
The Shape of Things to Come - H.G. Wells
The Secret Life of Bletchley Park
The Shinning - Stephen King
All of those - and more!
Clive Sinclair once said that one day, we will be able to fit every word ever written into memory the size of a sugar cube. I think we’re well on the way to that.

[This may or may not have been borrowed from someone else on this forum ;)]

Handheld camera, off-camera flash, camera left. Books arranged on a black background. Slight PP to get rid of a few wrinkles, but that's all, folks!

Best of luck in this challenge Nick, a couple of good images to start with, before you know it the challenge will be closer to the end than it is the start, my challenge last year went a lot quicker than I expected :LOL: I like your take on the kindle photo (y)

Matt
MWHCVT

Best of luck in this challenge Nick, a couple of good images to start with, before you know it the challenge will be closer to the end than it is the start, my challenge last year went a lot quicker than I expected :LOL: I like your take on the kindle photo (y)

Matt
MWHCVT

THanks a lot (y) You doing another this year?

A couple of really good images to start with. Like the DOF in the first and the thought behind the second. Good luck.

...Is in the process of uploading, but broadband being extremely thin at the moment..Have the blurb :)

tumblr_lx8odbR3sl1r9tafto1_500.jpg

Day 3 - Ami

Had a day out today catching up with a good friend. Not seen her since before I went off to University, so it was good to catch up. This one's a bit soft, but I liked the bokeh-balls in the background

A couple of really good images to start with. Like the DOF in the first and the thought behind the second. Good luck.

Thanks a lot! :D

Last edited:
tumblr_lxa6k0USei1r9tafto1_500.jpg

Day 4 - Sky

This is pretty much all I’ve spent my day doing..Gotta make the most of live TV before I go back to University…right?

tumblr_lxcncmlG0i1r9tafto1_500.jpg

Day 5 - Programming

Yup. Today has been catching up on a bit of programming and getting back up to speed on things. Still having problems with Collision Detection, something which needs to be taught better on the internet. Most times, when asked, people will just say "google it" >,<

Slight problem : On this photo, you can see some marks around the screen. These are not on the screen, and upon further inspection, occur in the same place on other photos I take, not of the screen. The lens is clean (well, as clean as I can get it - need to get some cotton buds on it for the VERY edges), and the lens hasn't come off the front of the camera since I got it a year ago, so I've ruled out sensor dust. Any ideas??

Ah i see :D good luck with it.
I stopped coding a few years ago when flash kept redeveloping and i could no longer spare the time to keep up! c# would make me cry.

Oh and as for the camera, dust could still get in, might be worth taking the lens off and blowing some air in there etc.

Ah i see :D good luck with it.
I stopped coding a few years ago when flash kept redeveloping and i could no longer spare the time to keep up! c# would make me cry.

Oh and as for the camera, dust could still get in, might be worth taking the lens off and blowing some air in there etc.

Haha! C# is pretty simple. It's a nice language, but extremely high level.

(Hello world is literally:
Console.WriteLine("Hello World");
)

I started the first year of a Computer Science degree in September, and I've had quite easy sailing so far. Hopefully that'll change in the next semester...stay tuned to this to find out if it does ;)

actionscript?

C# ;)
Started writing games for Windows Phone 7, but having some trouble with collision detection on platforms. My aim is to have the app published by my next break from University (end of March)

:D ... i looked at it and thought yeah c# ... then thought actionscript for the collision reference... :bonk: ..right the first time..though i'm now vb having been lured from my learnings of c# .. good start to the year.. i'm viewing it as monthly chunks (into my forth months) makes it a whole lot easier i think :shrug: ... (y)

:D ... i looked at it and thought yeah c# ... then thought actionscript for the collision reference... :bonk: ..right the first time..though i'm now vb having been lured from my learnings of c# .. good start to the year.. i'm viewing it as monthly chunks (into my forth months) makes it a whole lot easier i think :shrug: ... (y)

:LOL: It seems my "Collision.cs" class has put everyone off :D and thanks! After today I'll be 1/66 of the way through :LOL:

Edit : Actually, through this photo, I've just spotted a magic number that can disappear. Maybe I should photograph my code more in the future...

Last edited:
AllFallD0wn said:
:LOL: It seems my "Collision.cs" class has put everyone off :D and thanks! After today I'll be 1/66 of the way through :LOL:

Edit : Actually, through this photo, I've just spotted a magic number that can disappear. Maybe I should photograph my code more in the future...

Lol!! I'll have to try that trick.. :D

tumblr_lxe9pfev0I1r9tafto1_500.jpg

Day 6 - More programming and new Cables

Today was marked by even more programming (Made leaps and bounds, though), and the arrival of some HDMI cables. I now have a dual-screen set up, so I've been making the most of the 2 screens by having the WP7 emulators on the right screen and the code on the left. It's also quite nice to have the internet open all the time, especially when a quick google is needed!

I should also note that the last 3 days (that's a whole half of the project so far) photos have been 100% completely edit free!

Sorry I didn't upload yesterday - I was having big wireless problems.

Day 7 - Ugh.
tumblr_lxhu6lPYVd1r9tafto1_500.jpg

Day 7 - Ugh.

Today was one of those days which seemed busy, but when I look back, I didn’t do much. Kept putting the photo off and off, until I got this with about 5 minutes to spare..

Day 8 - You Lookin&#8217; at Me?
tumblr_lxhuhxTMw71r9tafto1_500.jpg

Went out around Bradfield today. Some dull weather, but some nice skies on the other side. Quite strange. I quite liked this sheep looking at me..

tumblr_lxjgkq70191r9tafto1_500.jpg

Day 9 - SNES Controller

Thought I'd share a bit of my collection of consoles in the next week before I go back to Univeristy, so here's the start. I think I might do a series of "The Evolution of the Controller" I don't actually own a NES, so I started with a SNES instead. This controller feels nice to hold, and started the popularity of "Shoulder buttons". In many ways, Nintendo has always been the start of innovations in controllers.

It was the first with a thumbstick (N64), and of course, we all know what happened after the release of the Wii (Other companies laughing at it, then two years later ripping it off)

There's some really bad burn brush work on this. It's kind of embarrassing. Any tips would be greatly appreciated...

tumblr_lxl9ji7n7D1r9tafto1_500.jpg

Day 10 - D.I.Y

My attempt at creating a DIY softbox kind of failed and turned into a DIY beauty dish instead..Still a pretty cool effect, I think..

was no.9 cut out/painted over?

Liking no.10 :) evil looking cat! :D

The blue background was badly burnt away :LOL: I really need to get some black fabric for backgrounds..

Thanks! I was trying to make a DIY softbox, but I made a tiny beauty dish instead..Think I'll probably have to buy a small softbox instead :LOL:

Just a heads up, I am still working on this project, and have taken photos, but I've not had time to edit them (took them in RAW by accident and haven't got a RAW converter on my netbook.) I'm moving back to Univeristy this weekend, so hopefully I'll have them up by Sunday.

Just a heads up, I am still working on this project, and have taken photos, but I've not had time to edit them (took them in RAW by accident and haven't got a RAW converter on my netbook.) I'm moving back to Univeristy this weekend, so hopefully I'll have them up by Sunday.

Great to know your still plugging away :D and look forward to your update :D

Matt

Back