Daily AllFallD0wn's 365 project!

I'm pleased that you've got a new lens on the way it's always fun to get a new lens to play with :woot:

Perfect timing on 36 (y) and I like 37 though I suspect that your local tourist board may not like it :LOL:

Matt

:LOL: I thought the fog was lovely, but you're right, Hull Uni or City Council probably wouldn't agree. Just realised how bad tumblr image quality is. I've got all the photos stored in bigger res on my HDD, so before the end I will find some space to host them all properly (y)

tumblr_lz170whH6n1r9tafto1_500.jpg

Day 38 - It's Magic!

Had a day trying to get my head around android again. I really don't like it, but I'm going to have to put up with it, because apparently no-one has Windows Phone 7 phones...strange people!

That's about all today. This is a shot (that I'm quite pleased with - I think I nailed the focus, and it was pitch black in the room) of the Magic: The Gathering me and a friend got, as Dark Ascension was recently released!

Flash bounced off ceiling @ 1/4

So, I wasn't expecting this, but my new lens arrived today. Excellent postage from the eBayer, and I'm EXTREMELY pleased with it. It's going to be a big learning experience, to learn focus properly with it (much more precise than my kit lens), but it will be very fun, and I can't wait. Here's a test shot:

tumblr_lz1it6xyn71qhtp7vo1_500.jpg

Full res, it's extremely sharp. I always heard people saying how a good bit of glass on the front of your camera makes all the difference, but never believed it made THIS much of a difference.

tumblr_lz3fm4lewv1r9tafto1_500.jpg

Day 39 - Flying through the Air

Early morning, 3 lectures + 1 special introduction talk about imagine cup. Then I got home, and spent a lovely hour by the (still frozen) lake, trying out the new lens and trying to get to grips with it. That was the highlight of today. Peaceful and relaxing :)

tumblr_lz5a5rTALY1r9tafto1_500.jpg

Day 40 - Blood on the Sustainer

I was playing guitar the other day, caught my thumb right next to the nail on a string, and bled all over it. I didn't notice this until I stopped playing, however (I was playing for about an hour), and by that time, the blood had covered the area around the pickups, and my hand. No permanent damage, but it's still there. I'm far too lazy!

Not done much today. Had a couple of lectures, and that was it.

Mostly playing around with my new lens still, and my new softbox for flash. This was with flash fired directly at the subject. I'm pretty pleased with the way the flash has diffused. Not bad for 10 quid from eBay!

Day 39 is great (y) birds in flight really are not the easiest thing to capture (y) and if your looking for a hosting recommendation I can 100% recommend flickr (y) and if you have a BTbroadband account you get a free pro account on flickr as part of that service (y)

Matt

tumblr_lz7aexLFme1r9tafto1_500.jpg

Day 41 - WINDOWS PHONE

Today, my absolutely amazing lecturer lent me a Windows Phone to play around with. This phone and whole Operating System are amazing. Everything just works. I've had lots of problems with android over the last 2 years, and this is just a beautiful piece of work. Next month, my contract is up, and I shall be getting one of these phones.

In the top right corner, you can even see a little sneak-peek of one of my games for Windows Phone 7 :)

tumblr_lz8xvsxiTr1r9tafto1_500.jpg

Day 42 - The Woman in Black

Today, we went to see The Woman in Black, which is a rather great film that came out yesterday, starring Daniel Radcliffe (Harry Potter). I thought overall, the production, cinematography and acting was very good, and I enjoyed the film immensely. Now planning to go and see the West End production at some point.

Before the film, we took a stop at the Hull Transport Museum, which was pretty cool. They had an outdoor table tennis table, which we spent a good 10 minutes at, and a creepy laughing policeman stall. I mean very creepy.

tumblr_lzaqkk3ygB1r9tafto1_500.jpg

Day 43 - Cop Out

Today’s a bit of a cop out, seen as I didn’t really do anything. Nice lazy Sunday afternoon before a lovely day of lectures tomorrow.

Edit : I do not like the sharpening tumblr's put on this photo..Makes it look jagged, but it's not in photoshop.

Day 41 makes for quite a nice product style photo (y) to be honest I'm not one for all these fancy photo's I have a smart phone and I don't like it :bonk: maybe I need a different one as most people seem to like them :LOL:

Matt

Day 41 makes for quite a nice product style photo (y) to be honest I'm not one for all these fancy photo's I have a smart phone and I don't like it :bonk: maybe I need a different one as most people seem to like them :LOL:

Matt

Well, as a Computer Science student, I think it's part of the requirements to love new technology ;) Personally, I use smartphone features so much and so for me this is a great phone, but other people have different needs in phones. I do, however, need a tiny little phone that lasts for weeks on the same charge for camps. Try taking a smartphone on a week long camp with no power :LOL: Not gonna happen!

tumblr_lzcs6efmCS1r9tafto1_500.jpg

Day 44 - "Who needs a game when you've got a menu?"

Today wasn't good. I woke up cold, feeling like I'd swallowed razorblades. I'd felt a cold coming for a few days, but I wasn't really prepared for the full blown cold. I don't actually think it's full blown yet. I braved the day on, sitting through a maths lecture, 2 system design lectures, and a programming lecture.

The day name is taken from what I said to my mate when he showed me the coursework he started last night - a menu for the game. "Who needs a game when they've got a menu?!" Personally, I'm awful at menus and the like, so I leave them til last. Here's a little screen capture of a class I knocked up in the last hour (just method names - all my code is hidden ;) ):

tumblr_lzcrqz82Ix1qhtp7v

tumblr_lzed8h10Cq1r9tafto1_500.jpg

Day 45 - Lifesavers

These have been amazing today. My cold got a lot worse overnight, but luckily Tuesdays are my day off, so I was able to stay in bed and try to recover. Not got much programming done, for obvious reasons, unfortunately.

tumblr_lzgj6zSL1T1r9tafto1_500.jpg

Day 46 - Packed Day

Today hasn't been hard, or particularly busy, it's just been packed, and I forgot to put my camera in my bag this morning, so this lovely screenshot from the FragFest with CompSoc will have to do. I'm really tired now, so this will be short. 3 lectures, FragFest for a good while, and then programming straight...very tiring!

Edit : I guess I could do a "Guess the game" competition, but it's a bit obvious..

tumblr_lzid6eVys41r9tafto1_500.jpg

Day 47 - Addiction

Downloaded this game in a break today, and have been addicted since. This is not going to do my production rate ANY good atall. (It's a great game, though!)

P.S. Going home tomorrow for the weekend, so probably won't upload anything until Sunday night at the earliest, due to my computer and editing software staying here :)

getting an iPhone in my final year of uni was a big mistake. . . the library was not built to play tetris in apparently :p

Soothers shot is really good :D

Bumper bundle post here. Days 48, 49 and 50.

tumblr_lzpgrwaD731r9tafto1_500.jpg

Day 48 - Scouting Again
tumblr_lzpgu0Y35M1r9tafto1_500.jpg

Day 49 - Hackett at Holmfirth
tumblr_lzpguvUlcV1r9tafto1_500.jpg

Day 50 - The Path Not Taken

Todays will be uploaded hortly, once I decide which inanimate object to photograph..Or I might try something new now I've actually brought the quick release for my tripod from home ;)

tumblr_lzrk9kdkoh1r9tafto1_500.jpg

Day 51 - Playing with Light

Well, I didn't have much of an enthralling day, so I ended up playing with light. This is the result, with 1 flash in softbox, being fired camera left, low towards the wall..First attempt with this kinda thing, really, so I hope it's alright considering..

Had quite a few lectures, a meeting with one of my lecturers about our imagine cup entry, which was pretty good, and then came home and crashed out!

tumblr_lzrkksmT4h1r9tafto1_500.jpg

Day 52 - A Bright Light

Had my day off today. It's always nice to have a day off, so I can do pretty much nothing all day, but I cracked on with a bit of coursework, and got it dynamically making a database, if one doesn't exist to hold details of customers, and accounts. The hardest part so far is making the UI, and I think that's something I need to work on in the future. Hopefully I'm off to a good start with that.

This is me playing around with the softbox again. Basically, me sat on the chair (cut the top of my head off :bonk:), and fired the flash with my finger on test. Might have to invest in a cheap wireless trigger after my birthday..I burnt the shadow on the left in because I thought it was less intrusive than the plug that was there..

I love 49 it's such an atmospheric image (y) I was up in Holmfirth a couple of years ago, that is where my Grandma came from (y) keep up the great work :clap:

Matt

Thanks! I live a few miles away from Holmfirth, and the picturedrome has some great classic rock and prog rock bands on, so it's probably my favourite venue for gigs. Second time I've seen Steve there, but the first I've seen in a long while that had seating..very odd experience for me.

Goes to show also it's always handy having a little point and shoot around. Never sure whether venues are ok with cameras or not, although they didn't seem fussed here. Guy sat next to me had a pentax Dslr, and there was a guy with 2 canons with massive lenses (looked more professional, so might have been official, though)

tumblr_lzv118ZHCE1r9tafto1_500.jpg

(Wednesday)
Day 53 - Selling England by the Pound

So today was an idea maybe a bit borrowed, but not done as well as the original I saw. Again, a pretty slow day, but ended with a good social in Sanctuary, so all in all, not a bad day!

I might upload this properly, tumblr has really screwed with the details that I loved in the original file. Thanks to Matt for the great idea, and Genesis for a great album for the title (y)

Ok guys, the last 4 days have been hectic. Friday, I was back up to Sheffield for a camp, and still there Saturday/Saturday, and today was my birthday, which was packed with lectures, and social convention dictated I go out tonight ;) So I will catch up with the past 4 days tomorrow in my day off :) Got all the photos, just need to get them off the camera and uploaded!

tumblr_m0438gbTjt1r9tafto1_500.jpg

Day 54 - Live Rails

Back down to Sheffield for a camp!

tumblr_m043ca1bKn1r9tafto1_500.jpg

Day 55 - Not-So-Freezer-Camp

On camp!
This is my favourite photo that I took on the camp. The lighting was just right at this time (around half 4), and I was very pleased!

tumblr_m043ghw1RI1r9tafto1_500.jpg

Day 56 - How many Train Tickets?

Four tickets for one return journey…fun!

tumblr_m043bsghAm1r9tafto1_500.jpg

Day 57 - Birthday!

Birthday full of lectures, free pool, and starship!

tumblr_lzid6eVys41r9tafto1_500.jpg

Day 47 - Addiction

Downloaded this game in a break today, and have been addicted since. This is not going to do my production rate ANY good atall. (It's a great game, though!)

P.S. Going home tomorrow for the weekend, so probably won't upload anything until Sunday night at the earliest, due to my computer and editing software staying here :)

I'm gonna give that a look now! If you haven't already, get temple run if you want another excuse to not do any work at uni!

Belated happy birthday (y) some really nice images since my last visit (y) I love Day 55 it's an image that say's scouting really well for me, having up until a few years ago being very heavly involved in scouting that one say's a lot for me (y)

Matt

tumblr_m084qfuNwR1r9tafto1_500.jpg

Day 58 - Bunnies!

Looks like easter is coming, as Co-op have these gingerbread bunnies in stock! :D

tumblr_m084szjZG71r9tafto1_500.jpg

Day 59 - 50p!

With discussion being coins the other day, it was quite strange how I got this 50p in change. Nice 50p, though, celebrating the guides centenary in 2010. First one I’ve seen, but personally I prefer the scouting one…of which I have about 10..

tumblr_m084vpTN861r9tafto1_500.jpg

Day 60 - Vote for me! Vote for me!

It’s been election week at University, and going near the union has been mayhem without being swarmed with people trying to win your vote for various positions. Personally, I only fully supported two candidates; Jon Chambers for President, and Joe Taylor for LGBT chair. Elections closed at 5pm today, so hopefully University life will return to normal now!

Back