Wild Alligator Reflection

SKM

Edit My Images
No
Whilst in florida the past two weeks was lucky to see quite a few alligators up close and personal - quite the highlight of the holiday

stan

7D II. 300f4, 1/100, f7.1, ISO 800, 300mm
22520735146_8d383409a9_c.jpg

They are pretty amazing to see in the flesh. Nice sharp shot. I kind of wish you were a little lower, more looking it in the eye. I would be very happy with it however.

They are pretty amazing to see in the flesh. Nice sharp shot. I kind of wish you were a little lower, more looking it in the eye. I would be very happy with it however.

thanks for looking but the idea of this shot was to get the complete reflection, which would not have happened by shooting lower

Stan

Good,sharp shot.

We arrived in Florida,1998.. Aeons ago..lol to go on a cruise and spent three days there and took a boat trip on the Everglades,I didn't realise they were so large..3000 sq. miles...I think..these gaiters,as they call them, came right up to the boat as in your photo and people threw them marshmellows, supplied...seems they love them. I had to laugh at the ranger running the trip..he advised passengers not to put their hands overboard..As if you needed telling but it seems some do. His friend lost a few fingers after a bite, the bone became infected. The boat wasn't large and had the engine on the deck,I assume so the props don't get entagled in weed. A plane went down there years ago and was never found. As we returned to the jetty ahead if us we saw the largest one if all thise we saw..it must have been 30- odd feet long..pretty sinister- looking too.

You certainly get the feeling you're looking back a few million years..they are so successful that they haven't changed in millennia.

Cheers John

We didnt actually get to the Everglades, this shot is from Corkscrew Swamp and the gator was a few metres away. Also saw one at Ding Darling reserve on Sanibel Island, very much closer at around two metres and I had to change lenses to a 40mm to get him all in the frame

stan

Good reflection like the eye.

Nice sharp photo but sorry, don't see much in the way of a reflection?

Cheers guys

with respect you need to get your eyes checked :):):):) - the top 50% is the alligator and the bottom 50% his reflection

stan

You're absolutely right now I see it on my monitor, ipad is coming with me to Specsavers:rolleyes:

really like it, might also be worth adding a cropped version just off the face - those eyes are evil

Back