Almscliffe Crag HDR

I like that - you would be hard pushed to see that any HDR technique has been used if you hadn't said so!

I really like this image and subtle use of HDR and agree with Paul above. I'm not a fan of HDR when it is over-processed to comic-book proportions but this is very nice......

Nick

Last edited:
Hi, Kaz, only been there once and managed to see a cracking sunset.

Liking this. Great depth and nice subtle sky.

It looks a tad blue to me, especially on the rocks...could be my laptop :thinking:

Also, I'm not sure about the foreground (horizontal) rock. Can't place my finger on the reason. I wonder what moving forward (or forward and left) a bit left would have resulted in?

Might have to get up there again sometime.

Cheers.

Thanks, I try to go for natural look.

Hi Andy, it's definitely worth a visit, although I'd avoid weekends; from what I've heard it gets busy. There's also Otley Chevin, Fewston/Swinsty reservoirs and Arthington Viaduct in the close vicinity all within 15mins drive of each other.

Blueness could be the purple tint in WB raised a bit in post to give it a bit of mood. Not quite sure about the horizontal rock didn't think anything of it til you mentioned. I think I was trying to get the left and the right side to go on 1/3 points to make the composition balanced. There's lots more angles to explore for sure.

Back