Alnwick Castle

Name
Martin
Edit My Images
No
One of a few from a nice morning just after sunrise at Alnwick Castle. I was out on the coast for sunrise but nothing really happened, so I headed back here and got some nice soft early light diffused by the clouds over my shoulder.

Alnwick Castle by Martin Steele, on Flickr

Nicely composed, some foreground interest to balance the image out and an interesting sky but maybe a little bit to much sky. Nice image though

Hoping to visit here soon. I don't think my pics will be this good though. Love the richness of colour.

Ordinarily I'd agree with the comments re the sky but it's rude to cut off such a marvellous sky and the sense of scale it imparts adds to the image, not detracts from it.

I like the image and good use of the lighting conditions. Me, myself, might have tried to breach the reads and go for the 50:50 reflection or have just the reflection in the foreground and then that big sky.

I must head down this way, looks a good place to shoot

Thanks folks.

Ordinarily I'd agree with the comments re the sky but it's rude to cut off such a marvellous sky and the sense of scale it imparts adds to the image, not detracts from it.

I like the image and good use of the lighting conditions. Me, myself, might have tried to breach the reads and go for the 50:50 reflection or have just the reflection in the foreground and then that big sky.

I must head down this way, looks a good place to shoot

Cheers Steve, my thoughts exactly regards the sky. I've got some other shots with more reflection, and I did try for a 50:50 reflection, but it was just a straight drop off the bank into what looked pretty deep water, certainly too deep considering I only had my jeans and trainers on lol. Give me a shout if you head down, anywhere in Northumberland really :)

Reactions: ST4
Thanks folks.

Cheers Steve, my thoughts exactly regards the sky. I've got some other shots with more reflection, and I did try for a 50:50 reflection, but it was just a straight drop off the bank into what looked pretty deep water, certainly too deep considering I only had my jeans and trainers on lol. Give me a shout if you head down, anywhere in Northumberland really :)

Will do. I keep meaning to do it, now mornings are getting a bit later it makes more sense. I'm away in the Pyranees from Sunday for two weeks...that will be mega. If I am down your way, I'll drop a pm/line

Excellent foreground capture Martin leads through to the sky great.
GEORGE.

That's a lovely image.
The colours are bright and crisp, super detail in the sky and foreground without being fussy, the castle is large enough in the frame to be impressive and the reflection is fantastic.
Love it. :)

Great sky and reflection, foreground works well too, not always achieved in this format ... I wonder if the yellows need to be tweaked back slightly? :)

Like a postcard which I would like to buy.
Great shot of a great building.
Looks balanced to me.

I don't mind the 50/50 split composition at all, given the reflections it makes sense to me. Rules are there to be broken eh!

Fab vibrant colours too.

Lovely shot of a classic castle in northumberland. Great colours and composition and the bonus of the reflection. Spot on mate (y)

the foreground and two trees create a lovely natural frame and topped by a great/interesting sky. My only nitpick would to have been slightly higher to creat some separation between the reads / tree and the reflection.

Lovely colours/processing too Martin (y)

Back