Also trying Fomapan 100- two birds, one stone!

Jao

Name
Adrian
Edit My Images
Yes
As I had a good few rows of Fomapan in the film fridge and spurred on by @simon ess (as mentioned in another thread) I thought I would kill two birds with on stone. Test the A12 film backs that I had replaced the seals in an t th same try try out some Fomapan.

Double result the first of the resealed backs was nice and light tight and I really liked the images that the Fomapan produced. Here are a few examples. All a bit random as I grabbed them while to and about on a busy Saturday. Hasselblad 500C/M with 80mm CF lens.

1. The Bike Man

25614336713_1eb2297b7f_c.jpg

2. Ancient Stone

25612339464_c67e122ea4_c.jpg

3. City Scooter

26150897421_3d2890c5a5_c.jpg

4.Walkers Stores

25614166803_00875ab28a_c.jpg

They were all keepers from the entire roll but I'm not going to bore everyone. The film was processed in LC29 @ 1-19 and the negs were not as curly as I'd been led to believe. They were also beautifully contrasty. The only strange thing was the colour of the developer when it came out for the tank. I'd never seen anything like it!

25612271794_37b15a3ef4_z.jpg

As I was using a one shot developer this didn't matter, but if I was using another developer I might do a pre wash.

I will be shooting more of this film though.

Last edited:
Excellent results. The tones are fabulous, and I do love that scooter shot.

I gave it a pre wash and marvelled at the amount of that dye that came out.

Guess what I'm going to buy with some of the proceeds from that 28mm lens. ;)

Reactions: Jao
Great results. You and Simon are doing a good job of convincing the rest if us to give it a try.
Good and varied set.
Love the scooter and the walker coming past Walkers Stores.

Excellent results. The tones are fabulous, and I do love that scooter shot.

I gave it a pre wash and marvelled at the amount of that dye that came out.

Guess what I'm going to buy with some of the proceeds from that 28mm lens. ;)

Thanks Simon, I am really taken with this film.

Great results. You and Simon are doing a good job of convincing the rest if us to give it a try.
Good and varied set.
Love the scooter and the walker coming past Walkers Stores.

Thanks Trevor, I was really chuffed with the results and that my light seals job had worked.

Interesting, nice results.

Nice results! Did you meter it at 100? I found it maybe a touch underexposed at 100 when I last used it.
I did a pre wash on mine as I had read about the lovely green colour!

Adam

Thanks Adam. I shot it at box speed, all shot's were incident metered and I was religious about keeping the meter perpendicular to the ground. It was a pretty bright and sunny day too. I was surprised how well they all came out given the poor press this film has had in some parts on the web. If the rain ever stops here any time soon `I will shoot some more and I will definetly pre wash it first!

Nice work Adrian. I'm not far from Norwich (approx 20 miles) so it's great seeing some familiar sights :)
Thanks Dan, it is a photogenic place, like you I lives near but not in the city, when I am there though I always have a camera!

As I had a good few rows of Fomapan in the film fridge and spurred on by @simon ess (as mentioned in another thread) I thought I would kill two birds with on stone. Test the A12 film backs that I had replaced the seals in an t th same try try out some Fomapan.

Double result the first of the resealed backs was nice and light tight and I really liked the images that the Fomapan produced. Here are a few examples. All a bit random as I grabbed them while to and about on a busy Saturday. Hasselblad 500C/M with 80mm CF lens.

How easy was it to do the seals on the Hassy A12 backs?

How easy was it to do the seals on the Hassy A12 backs?

Nick, it was very easy. I used the kits from:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HASSELBLA...491016?hash=item43ee47ca08:g:uYIAAOSwyQtV24Ks

and I followed the instructions here:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjjxmYltCa8

I did three backs and all were straight forward. The oldest back needed some work to undo the screws.

I'm currently about 3,800 miles from Norwich, but grew up in Wymondham so lovely to see some familiar places unexpectedly :)

Thanks Mike, comment appreciated.

1. The Bike Man

25614336713_1eb2297b7f_c.jpg

2. Ancient Stone

25612339464_c67e122ea4_c.jpg

3. City Scooter

26150897421_3d2890c5a5_c.jpg

4.Walkers Stores

25614166803_00875ab28a_c.jpg

They were all keepers from the entire roll but I'm not going to bore everyone. The film was processed in LC29 @ 1-19 and the negs were not as curly as I'd been led to believe. They were also beautifully contrasty. The only strange thing was the colour of the developer when it came out for the tank. I'd never seen anything like it!

25612271794_37b15a3ef4_z.jpg

As I was using a one shot developer this didn't matter, but if I was using another developer I might do a pre wash.

I will be shooting more of this film though.

I have looked at this thread several times and really did know what to post,so Adrian the photographs are sharp,clear and have good contrast. I very much like all four,but,as a favourite it has to be the corner stone,that is all you see,but,when you look closer the detail and texture is wonderful.

Having said that the Vespa(what looks like a GS160) is iconic. just great.

A great representation of Fomapan,well done and congrats.

I have looked at this thread several times and really did know what to post,so Adrian the photographs are sharp,clear and have good contrast. I very much like all four,but,as a favourite it has to be the corner stone,that is all you see,but,when you look closer the detail and texture is wonderful.

Having said that the Vespa(what looks like a GS160) is iconic. just great.

A great representation of Fomapan,well done and congrats.

Richard, many thanks for your kind comments. I am pleased you liked the corner stone shot. Norwich has more churches than pubs (and there are a lot of pubs), many are closed up and I have been photographing them in a abstract way for a while.

I really like the Fomapan emulsion and was chuffed that my DIY light seal fix worked on the A12 back! Mostly though I was pleased with what were essentially grab shots on a busy morning in the city, doing errands rather than thinking about image making!

No 3 for me Adrian .....the scooter is ace, the dof keeps the busy bg in it's place...oof! lol, and the street scenes caught in reflections including the person in the wing mirror is the final touch(y)

Back