Alternative to lightroom mobile for android?

Name
Fraser
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi everyone.

I have currently got the lightroom mobile 30 day free trial and I must say I'm astounded by the program. Has just the right amount of buttons and sliders to keep this enthusiastic beginner engaged in it. I Have a desktop which will be my main goto workstation however I really like the idea of having something like this on my android tablet as a little thing to fiddle about with on the go or on the couch whilst watching EastEnders.

The -ve .....After the free trial finishes as far as I can tell (correct me if I'm wrong) I would then need to subscribe to Adobe at around £10 per month (which admittedly will give more than just lightbox mobile) but that's probably a bit more than I'd like to spend on it. I've tried snapseed but that doesn't accept nef files therefore I'd need to get a nef to dng (I think) converter so already that's growing arms and legs. Also, there seems to be a lot of outdated info out on the interweb saying there's no such app but lightbox does it so I'm hoping there's more. My other option is of course just shooting in jpeg but that seems to be a big no no.

So my requirements are:

Must run on android.
Must accept raw files specifically .nef
Must do cropping and have all the usual bits and bobs
Be a one off purchase.

who's using what out there? I look forward to hearing some ideas!

Cheers
Fraser

Last edited:
I use Snapseed for on the go RAW edits. It has all the basics covered and is very intuitive.

You can then save the RAW file, covert to a jpg, email, social media etc.

I've been using Snapseed since before Google bought it and it has always been my go to mobile editor.

Oh it's free too!

Is this with Nikon though? Snapseed definitely didn't like my raw files and my Google searches seem to say it was Nikon raw format it wouldn't accept. Otherwise snapseed is ideal!

Is this with Nikon though? Snapseed definitely didn't like my raw files and my Google searches seem to say it was Nikon raw format it wouldn't accept. Otherwise snapseed is ideal!

I'm sorry, I was wrong. Snapseed edits NEF beautifully on iOS, but not Android.

That's very annoying as I assumed as it worked on the iPad it would work on Android.

Now I need a new Android RAW editor, will follow this thread.

Ps Google, sort it out, it works on iOS!

There's a free Android app called Raw2dng to convert the .NEF files to .DNG if you want to use Snapseed

Sorry to revive an old thread, but I came across this topic in a search and feel it's still relevant.

I currently subscribe to Lightroom Mobile on Android and am fairly happy, but one thing that does annoy me is that there is no option to use custom watermarks, only text.

Looking on the Adobe forum this is something that people have been asking for for a few years but so far they haven't responded.

Does anyone know of any photo editing Android apps that have similar features to Lightroom Mobile, and possibly even custom watermarks?

Sorry to revive an old thread, but I came across this topic in a search and feel it's still relevant.

I currently subscribe to Lightroom Mobile on Android and am fairly happy, but one thing that does annoy me is that there is no option to use custom watermarks, only text.

Looking on the Adobe forum this is something that people have been asking for for a few years but so far they haven't responded.

Does anyone know of any photo editing Android apps that have similar features to Lightroom Mobile, and possibly even custom watermarks?

If you're only doing one photo at a time I use an app called Add Watermark, just for Instagram posts etc. For batch editing I haven't found anything yet. Drives me mad that you can't add an image watermark on LR mobile. It's the only thing missing for me to go totally LR mobile with my workflow with an iPad Pro as my main editing machine

Back