Alternative to photobox

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
I use photobox to host a number of galleries from local rugby that I have shot and allow particpants to buy cprints etc. In recent months the quality has fallen, and am now having problems adding albums to the galleries I have nill support from emailed messages and basically I am looking for an alternative.

I arent doing this to make money the profits go back to the club so dont want to invest in photocart etc etc anyone any nice alternative ideas that actually work.

Thanks

JD

I have personally not tried any, but have been looking for a while. This one looked good:

http://www.albelli.co.uk/

I suppose you can also use zenfolio or 500px if you want a portfolio and a marketplace type service. Or even SmugMug (I think they have a local UK partner who does the printing).

I've had a recommendation for ProAm Imaging http://www.proamimaging.com/

You need to do a monitor calibration and use their colour profile.

I haven't tried them yet but will be doing soon. A search on these boards throws up a few references, all seems positive.

I am glad it is not just me that has had issues with the pro galleries, online support has been next to useless lately that I have now dropped them! I would rather issue proof sheet PDFs than waste my time with them any longer, on the occasions that clients cant make it for a viewing session.

Hmm this isn't what I wanted to be reading I was considering setting up a account with photobox galleries as i have photos from a chairty event which I want to offer for sale to raise more money for the charity the event was in aid of and photobox appears to be the cheapest way of doing it as there were no subscription fees.

Are there any other options?

I'm intending on setting up a photo booth and to use photobox for the first time for sales. I just need a easy method for this first time. Can I ask whats the best way to give the clients the email link to the photobox gallery?

Also does Photobox watermark your photos once you upload them?

There is an option in photobox to watermark your pictues you just select it for the album after upload.

If people are booking a photoboth the would normally expect printers on the night and thats how you will make money. Very few will take the trouble to look online after the event trust me I speak from experience :) In terms of the link I just send them to my web site which is on the business card and from events there link to the relevant photobox album.

There is an option in photobox to watermark your pictues you just select it for the album after upload.

If people are booking a photoboth the would normally expect printers on the night and thats how you will make money. Very few will take the trouble to look online after the event trust me I speak from experience :) In terms of the link I just send them to my web site which is on the business card and from events there link to the relevant photobox album.

Thanks, made things a bit clearer. Yeah that's what everyone has said about printing on the night...I can't offer that at the moment maybe in the future. This will be my first time trying this out its for my sister birthday party. I'm doing it as a favour.

IF your serious about making money from it Id look to team up with a local event tog who can offer onsite printing

IF your serious about making money from it Id look to team up with a local event tog who can offer onsite printing

Thanks, thats a good idea. Do you offer onsite event printing?

I work with a couple of guys who offer onsite printing but we are based in yorkshire so cant offer to help out :) try a question in the jobs section :)

I work with a couple of guys who offer onsite printing but we are based in yorkshire so cant offer to help out :) try a question in the jobs section :)

Cheers, will take a look :)

Back