Alternative to Woocommerce?

Name
Alan
Edit My Images
No
When I was looking at starting my website up, I looked at another ecommerce solution before going down the wordpress and woocommerce route, but can't now remember what it was - does anyone have a suggestion? I've had enough of wordpress and woocommerce, it's required far too much in additional plugins, coding and general faff just to get basic functionality and now it's inexplicably died a death throwing page not found errors in the back end and a great big 503 on the shop front end. I know it's an issue in one of the plugins, but I can't find which - when I turn them all back on one by one everything works fine, then half an hour later it's broke again!

When I was looking at starting my website up, I looked at another ecommerce solution before going down the wordpress and woocommerce route, but can't now remember what it was - does anyone have a suggestion? I've had enough of wordpress and woocommerce, it's required far too much in additional plugins, coding and general faff just to get basic functionality and now it's inexplicably died a death throwing page not found errors in the back end and a great big 503 on the shop front end. I know it's an issue in one of the plugins, but I can't find which - when I turn them all back on one by one everything works fine, then half an hour later it's broke again!

What functionality did you need to require any additional plugins and coding?

If you are looking for ecommerce stuff try Magento , prestashop , shopify , cubecart etc. This are few well known applications I am aware of.

What functionality did you need to require any additional plugins and coding?

With woocommerce, just about everything had to have a plugin. Want to print an invoice? Plugin. Want to sort your stock in an intuitive way? Plugin. Want to display images properly? Plugin Want to post stuff? Plugin. Want to log in to admin panel with a chrome saved password? Plugin. Sequential invoice numbers? Plugin blah blah blah I had 22 plugins.

If you are looking for ecommerce stuff try Magento , prestashop , shopify , cubecart etc. This are few well known applications I am aware of.

I'm giving Presta Shop a go at the moment, lots more features over Woo, much faster too, but the UI is very unfriendly and lacks customisation options. I think I can make it work though.

I use Shopify personally. As well as I know WordPress, Shopify stays out of the way and let’s me get on with the job in hand.

OK, so it’s not super cheap in real terms but I don’t spend anytime on maintenance or updating etc. and so save plenty of time (and money) that way.

Back