Alternatives to Apple Studio Display??

Name
Chris Tarling
Edit My Images
No
Looking at monitors.
I'd like 7" 5K as I'm coming from a 27" 5K iMac.
The apple Studio monitor is a contender but I'm wondering what other options there are.
Looking for recommendations please.

The iMac displays are under-rated. I also wanted a 27" 5K monitor, when I switched from an iMac to a MacBook, but had to settle for 4K within my budget.

Good overview of monitors for Macs here:

https://darkghosthunter.SPAM/choosing-a-monitor-for-your-mac-in-2023-d4c6960dfe49

Thanks Guys.
Actually ended up ordering the Apple Studio display.
Which one did you get? The standard or the nano texture screen. I was looking at both today in the Apple Store in Manchester today and can’t make up my mind.

Which one did you get? The standard or the nano texture screen. I was looking at both today in the Apple Store in Manchester today and can’t make up my mind.
Ordered from Amazon - good price and in stock. Cancelled that order yesterday after two delivery no-shows and bought one from John Lewis. I collect today.
I have ordered the std glass with VESA mount.
My current iMac has a glossy screen.

Ordered from Amazon - good price and in stock. Cancelled that order yesterday after two delivery no-shows and bought one from John Lewis. I collect today.
I have ordered the std glass with VESA mount.
My current iMac has a glossy screen.

I was wondering about potentially going for the VESA mount and getting my own stand. Have you selected a stand yet?

Thanks. Seems a beast of a stand :)

There is such a choice of third party stands. All considerably cheaper than Apples offering. Mind you I am now considering going for a BenQ SW272U 4k monitor that launches at the end of July as it is more suitable for my photo printing requirements.
Yes I found that when looking. Very pleased with the stand though - it holds the display rock steady but it can easily be repositioned.

Back