Critique Altis the Border Collie

Name
Sara Nowak
Edit My Images
Yes
I will post pictures of my dog Altis and sometimes other dogs as well. I'd appreciate any critique.

IMG_9470.png

IMG_8988.png

Both stunning pictures.

Surely worth printing and occupying some wall space?

Love the low viewpoint in the first and the depth of field in both pics is extraordinary.

Thumbs up from me :)

P.S. Was it a 1.4 aperture lens?

Hi Sara - love that first image. Even got some sun rays coming through. I presume you had someone else there with a tennis ball for distraction? Beautiful colours - autumn really is a stunning season.

Lovely dog, must be a lot of fun ... I like the low view in #1 but would reduce the amount of OOF area in the foreground :)

Very very nice shots Sara, I prefer the second just because you can see the eyes better.(y)

Thank you all for comments, I'm glad you like them and I'll post more. For now I don't have any new ones but I'll choose the best ones I have already :)

Both stunning pictures.
Surely worth printing and occupying some wall space?
P.S. Was it a 1.4 aperture lens?
I'm planning to print some maybe on canvas. And yeah, I used my Sigma 50mm f1.4 @f2 if I remember correctly :)

Hi Sara - love that first image. Even got some sun rays coming through. I presume you had someone else there with a tennis ball for distraction?
Usually my boyfriend helps me but these two I shot alone. I was holding a ball thrower and taking pictures while almost lying on the ground :D

Are the colours a bit oversaturated or is it just me?
One the first one, maybe a bit, especially on the left side where I've added some red colours.

would reduce the amount of OOF area in the foreground :)
Already done that :D But you're right, I should have left more top area and reduce the foreground but I've cropped before editing (not very clever) and I would have to star over.

Love the photos but #1 is an absolute stunner. The low POV, shallow DOF and vibrancy of colours all add up to set it well above the vast majority of dog images I've seen.

Super model as well. We've got spaniels but they don't do sitting LOL

Back