Am i getting any better?????

Name
Kevin
Edit My Images
No
Hi all i have posted a few shots on here in the past and i.ve had hints and tips so i went out today in heavy snow may i add and got this C&C please.

Gate_to_the_woods.jpg

I think its a really nice picture, I love the colours in the sky, and the way the trees are covered in the snow like icing sugar, :) Personally, I think its a really nice picture.

Amy x

I think the biggest problem here is that the scene's not particularly interesting. Having said that you've made a good a job of it, compositions fine, exposures good :)

Not entirely sure about the processing though, the snow looks like it's got a slightly pink tinge to it on this monitor, especially just in front of the gate :thinking:

As my photography teacher told me, something which has stuck with me, a photograph needs context.
If the context cannot be found in the image, then a title, or a comparison from another image is necessary.

In this case, you're asking your audience to tell you whether you've improved.
How do you mean improved?
Improved technically? Contextually? Compositionally? Improved your use of the formal elements?

Maybe a few other images to give us that all elusive 'context' that I've been talking about :)

Possibly straighten it a tad and a little brightness. IMHO of course.

I'm curious about the processing. I agree that the snow looks a little pink.

But generally, looks like you're headed in the right direction (and i've seen the previous ones being improved upon) :)

Not done much in the processing. I did also see this but thought it might be coming from the sky.

And am i getting any better???, i have been having real problems with my exposure being right, washed out sky, dull colours and the likes.

And the straighten, i was thinking this myself but depending on what you look at i was not sure.

Thanks though folk always like to see where im going wrong.

Any better i need to start messing with the software side of this digital photo stuff.lol.

No2.jpg

Back