am i shooting in the right direction?

Hi Dave.
#1 looks overexposed and the tree is slap bang in the middle. consider the rule of thirds.
#2 is a nothing much image, slowing the shutter speed to smooth the water is worth trying.
#3 the tree is over-lit. Perhaps a wider viewpoint might have given some more landscape.
#4 consider the composition and lighting.
#5 is somewhat better, the main rose looks in focus and well exposed. Crop the bright bit on the lhs off and it might work better.
Nothing like an upward learning curve, huh?

Agree with all the above comments from Carol. Only suggestion from me is to use a very fast shutter speed with water so that it freezes every particle of water and combined with a wide aperture will throw the bank out of focus.
Not that I know anything mind you!

Hi Dave.
#1 looks overexposed and the tree is slap bang in the middle. consider the rule of thirds.
#2 is a nothing much image, slowing the shutter speed to smooth the water is worth trying.
#3 the tree is over-lit. Perhaps a wider viewpoint might have given some more landscape.
#4 consider the composition and lighting.
#5 is somewhat better, the main rose looks in focus and well exposed. Crop the bright bit on the lhs off and it might work better.
Nothing like an upward learning curve, huh?

+1

Back