Amazing Sky tonight just before the rain!

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
No
Had to rush out as it was all over so quickly. Hope they are ok. Was an amazing sky! No filters or anything except a little PP in Lightroom 2.3

1:
3904821022_372d7e45ea_o.jpg

2:
3904002145_0d0728031d_o.jpg

Last edited:
Lovely colours mate. Shame you couldn't get a bit higher would have looked stunning from atop a hill. Do you have hills in Surrey? :D

Andy

Was this about an hour ago?I spotted it but didnt have my camera with me:bonk:.I took a picture on my phone.....yeah,i wont be posting it,:LOL:

Lovely! Maybe a crop in #1?

I've just been in Caterham, which is just down the road from you.. wish I'd had my camera with me! Best sunset I've seen in ages

I've just been in Caterham, which is just down the road from you.. wish I'd had my camera with me! Best sunset I've seen in ages
You a local then?

Lovely colours mate. Shame you couldn't get a bit higher would have looked stunning from atop a hill. Do you have hills in Surrey? :D

Andy
Yes, we have the Surrey Hills but i was stuck at home!! By the time i had gone anywhere it would have been over :D

Andy, I've learnt by many a disappointment that a sunset no matter how breathtaking relies upon what you can silhouette against it for a truly successful picture. But as we all know, sunsets appear quite suddenly and disappear as quickly so the best we can do is to just shoot them wherever we may be, and if there happens to be an old windmill and a duckpond in between, then that's a bonus mate! :)

That said, your sky effect appears to have been a beauty nonetheless.

Last edited:
It lasted what, half an hour tops. I had my camera, a good location, foreground, midground, sky, but no tripod and no plan.

Andy, the phone wires really poleaxe #1, despite the amazing colours, and #2 is let down by that bit of white sky. It wasn't actually white, it was the most amazing transluscent blue. In my shots its blown out white too.

Sunsets are sheer hell. They seem to need serious planning.

Back