Amazon 1 tb external drive

Name
Bryan
Edit My Images
No
Any one looking for a 1tb external hard drive my want to check this one out on Amazon. (y)

I always though Western Digital had reliability problems?

Saying that, i've still got a 20GB WD that is running fine :)

I've never had ANY drive fail in twenty years. And that includes Hitachi, Seagate and Western Digital. I currently have 11 hard drives running faultlessly (touching wood!).

There are always going to be some instances where a defect comes to light, but it needs to be considered in context to the number of hard drives in use. And you never hear from the satisfied customers to the same extent.

I am sure a manufacturer would not sell a defective product in this day and age and not stand by it. Hitachi (or IBM as they originally were) did have a poor drive and it must have cost them millions and has scared their reputation, but that was many years ago and a different company.

You should never rely on just one drive and always build some sort of redundancy. Having two of these drives would be a sensible strategy. At the price, it's much cheaper than trying to recover your life's photos from a dead drive!

Graham

can you come and bless my disks please? :love:

You can order from my site blessadisk.com for just £4.99 per disk ;)

In fact I have a UPS connected to my important disks and have them run 24/7. I am sure the jolt of starting them up and turning them off is responsible for failure more often than not. But I do have high leccy bills!

Graham

that's exactly the one I have.
bought it for £68 last new year, from PCworld collect at store.
a basic drive but reliable so far

I always though Western Digital had reliability problems?

Saying that, i've still got a 20GB WD that is running fine
there was a problem with the IBM deskstar (deathstar as they were dubbed) a few years ago
normally these things last 3 years ish.
worth checking up on them after a while though if they get some hammering

Thats the one i had....lasted 3 months and then one day just nothing. Luckily I had backed everything up but it was a right pain in the bum.

I've got 2 smaller seagate ones now and so far (6 months) no problems *touches wood*.

Maybe i was unlucky?

Anna

Back