Amazon cheap flash gun?

It looks to be identical to the neewer model I have. I bought 2 around three months ago, and have been kicking myself ever since that it doesn't support TTL.

They are very nice units for their designed purpose and work consistently both on the hotshoe and via flash activation/sync indoors, it is just the ttl that is missing for not a lot more money.

Thanks guys, think I'll put that one on my list to get a mind not do the basics.

Depends what you use the flash for, it's got a slave mode so will fire when the primary flash fires and personally I rarely use TTL and don't think I have ever used HSS. As a second or third fill flash it is probably worth a punt, the only minor inconvenience being that you can't set the power remotely.

Depends what you use the flash for, it's got a slave mode so will fire when the primary flash fires and personally I rarely use TTL and don't think I have ever used HSS. As a second or third fill flash it is probably worth a punt, the only minor inconvenience being that you can't set the power remotely.

For me it's a case of the more I do, the more I discover I could or I want to do, being at the playing/learning stage of flash.

Why not go for one of the cheap brands, like Yongnuo and Neewer?
I've got this one by Neewer, it does TTL and High Speed Sync and has good manual control if you aren't using TTL. Not bad for £45
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00Q5Z9...olid=IFHX74AZZXGB&coliid=I2RRN5E4HUZ5VO&psc=1
Bargain.

I'd always recommend a fully featured flash like this first, later you can buy cheap manual only flashes for off camera.

But if budget will allow, I'd go for a Godox with the inbuilt receiver.

I think the OP will end up realising he needs proper studio gear* and then he'll appreciate that buying integrated kit saves lots of frustration.

* Reading between the lines, @AndyG123 is wanting to do product shots of large shiny things and he'll need large diffused light sources to do this properly.

If @AndyG123 wants to start off with the Neewer NW985 for Nikon I have one I no longer use having gone to Canon.

Hardly used (some marks on the white pull out reflector as I had to disassemble the flash as I pushed it too far in - Doh!).

£25 posted would do it.

Let me know and I'll raise a for sale thread for it.

Terry.

At the moment I'm still toying with the idea of a nikon or the one listed, or yours which you are selling. Everything dslr I have was purchased in a kit for my birthday and is all entry level as I've nowhere near the resources yet to spend hundreds on kit. My next lenses will be with Christmas money pooled together from various people. And maybe a flash gun unless I get a cheap one prior.

The use for my flash will be for portraits, most natural but want something for a fill flash, as coming up to winter I'll be having a lot less Natura light to play with. So it is basically for education purposes.

Back